Yay or Nay?

Get Jamo some reps. Any kind of reps!
The only thing about gunner, is that we don’t punt, so that’s not going to work :person_shrugging: :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

If it works properly he will be there before the ball with his speed forcing either fair catches OR downing the ball deep.

2 Likes

Gunner’s are often double teamed at the LOS, then sprint 50 yards and then smash into returners going full speed. It could be the most dangerous spot left in the modern nfl. It used to be the wedge busters, but the wedge has been banned.

Nailed it!!! haha maybe that’s the evil plan all along or like Natty said Fake Punts, Fox to Jamo…might be the most lethal combo in league history.

1 Like

Nay. Giants fans felt like they lost to the lions because the HC put their best CB on kick returns and lost him for the season.

1 Like

And if he is not 1 on 1, he’s setting the entire rest of the team up for more success at what he does. The way Fox punts, we could have a bunch of 50 year olds as gunners and they’d get there on time. Jamo forces action toward himself. If they single press him…hahahahahah.
Jamoss will be embarrassing folks out there, or setting the entire team up for success in other ways.
This is the exact sort of thing that sets guys like Taylor Decker up for catches. LOL

…and creating turnovers too

If 6’7 - 320 pound Decker is on punt team something has gone seriously wrong, haha

LOL - I’m allllll for it.
NOBODY sees it coming, and we’ve seen him score TDs before. Why not first downs?

1 Like

I really want to see Sewell get a TD on a tackle eligible play… tell me if we ran play action fake to J-Will on the goalline, Sewelll wouldn’t be wide open in the endzone.

2 Likes

All we need to do is get the ball in his hands…he’ll drag 6 guys into the end zone.

Same with McNeil.

3 Likes

Oh shit 350 pound Alim… dude was a RB in high school!! haha that would be fun.

But with how good J-Will is on the goalline, we probably don’t even need to do that fun shit!

2 Likes

I formation with Alim as lead block for J-Will

2 Likes

Guaranteed TD every time!! Call an ambulance for the other team.

2 Likes

I am personally always against playing to avoid injury. It sets a timid mindset I think. Dan’s message is all about grit. What kind of message does it send if you won’t let a player play a position, that could help the team win, just because you are afraid he might get hurt? How does that work for the guy you do let play gunner? You send him a message that says we don’t want you to get injured but it is OK if it happens because you are less valuable. Horrible leadership! If Jamo is the best player at the position and gives the team the best edge to win then you play him. The only reason you don’t play him there is if another players play is equal or better or you have a specific snap count or other player/game management reason. Not based on fear of injury!

5 Likes

That’s a fair take, I just don’t think you trade up to number 12 in the draft for a gunner. Get his ass on the field playing WR! Bama used him as a gunner early in the season, then realized shit we need to keep him for offense because he’s lethal on offense.

We also rarely punt, so it’s all good!

2 Likes

I was about to say i want to see mcneil in william refrigerator perry goal line packages since he was a hs rb

2 Likes

McNeill and Williams in the backfield, but a FB handoff to McNeill when everyone thinks it’s going to JWill!

That’s a playoff run set… maybe. JWill has been so damn good though I don’t know why you’d even risk it, but would love to see it!

As much as I like Cabinda I can’t think of many more beautiful things than McNeill plowing through a DL at the goal line, blocking or carrying the ball

I disagree, RB most dangerous, followed by WR, then OL/DL, the QB. I think gunner might fall in after those positions.

Definitely more worried about Jamo as a WR and I’d be more worried about Jamo being a PR than a gunner. But it’s all football, it’s all dangerous at times.

1 Like

Agree to disagree on this one, I played Gunner my first year in college, it was brutal. Hated that position. Was so happy when I became a starter on defense and didn’t have to do that shit anymore. Literally 2 guys just beating the shit out of me for 50 yards, unless I was lucky enough to juke them at the LOS. The reason it would be less dangerous is there is usually only 5-7 punts per game, often less. The other positions you listed are playing 50+ snaps per game.

If your gunner is also a starter on offense or defense, the coach is an complete idiot. lol

3 Likes