Yay or Nay?

What say you? I’m okay with gunner roll, very few injuries from this role:

1 Like

YOU DARE TEMPT SOL???

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

6 Likes

Contact is good. The rest of the league has it’s week 13 legs under them. This is a good way to get him re-acclimated to bad intentions on the field without putting the offense at a disadvantage.

7 Likes

Perfectly fine with it. He has shown nothing at the NFL level so he should be playing special teams. Has to contribute somehow.

2 Likes

Nay. The risk is too great for my taste. If it’s a playoff game, ok. Like we used to have Barry return KOs every once in a while in big games.

5 Likes

He as a gunner is probably one of the best special teams players in the league. I don’t know why you wouldn’t play him there.

1 Like

You don’t trade up in the draft to #12 for gunners on special teams, let’s be serious here people.

Now kick and punt returning is a new question and a valid one! Jamo can completely change games as a returner, he’s proved that in a big way at Bama.

11 Likes

With his speed and Fox’s punt hang time, Jamo should have time to have a brief conversation with the returner before the ball gets there.

9 Likes

Sure… we get our new Bugatti out of the shop and decide to test it out in the demolition derby… sounds like a lions thing to do…

11 Likes

I’d work on putting him in motion and having Fox throw him the ball in stride with only one man back to stop him.

4 Likes

Fake punt = TD, if he’s gunner. How well do you guys know our coach. This IS going to happen at some point.

7 Likes

That’s what I’m saying…it’s JaMoss in man-to-Man coverage every time. hahahahahaha!

2 Likes

I’m fine with it, more dangerous being a receiver than a gunner.

4 Likes

I expect him to be as much a “gunner” as Fox is a “punter”
Remember how we roll?

4 Likes

That is an excellent point… didn’t think of that. It’s been a couple weeks since our last fake punt hasn’t it?

2 Likes

Problem is every team we play will be thinking the same thing. If Jamo is in as a gunner, I am beating $100 right now he is NOT one on one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it’s working and we are winning I am fine.

After you get done beating that $100 bill, are you going to bet?

If you get two to cover Jamo, you have one less on the rush.

3 Likes

Teams double the gunners quite often, just with Jamo out there it would be ALL the time

3 Likes

I mean are we having trouble covering punts rn? Not a big deal, but I raise my eyebrow. Maybe its an earn-your-way thing.