Yo! Rodriguez Lovers! Over Here!

Excellent post, man. Thanks for putting that together. He just sees it on the field before it happens, its tough to teach that instinct. Its what Davis didn’t have. And possibly Barnes, although I think there’s still hope for him. I really think M-Rod is going to start, maybe opening day, but more likely after our bye week. Maybe he can teach Barnes something, and we’d be OK at LB for awhile.

2 Likes

I’m as excited as the next guy about M-Rod, but I’m wondering if Holmes really knew the pulse of the draft that well to envision M-Rod falling another 7 spots when he swapped picks with the Eagles. For the high end results we’re talking about, that was quite a risk. Still, it wouldn’t surprise me to see M-Rod on the field early and often. Imma gonna dream until reality interfers too much… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s a great thing to ponder, but I think he does predict the draft incredibly well and get players he targets. We got lucky on a few cases for sure.
Sewell and Hutch were both lucky.
St Brown, Alim, Levi, Pashcal, J-Williams, Kerby, Mitchell, Rodriguez all felt targeted. I think he’s actually getting the guys he targets.

I feel like if this keeps up, he becomes the B.B. of drafting. This feels like it’s going incredibly well.

I think he’s getting the guys he wants (his real picks, not settling), and hitting on his prognostications of how they show up/what they are. Let’s see if Levi can play ball, now. All of those other guys feel somewhere between good and great.

What an insane game tape against the Irish, Coan just see him at the end and throw it away.

1 Like

I didn’t think much of this headline when I saw it before the draft… with smokescreens and all…
but maybe this was more of a clue than I realized?

Dean did in fact slide….
and….
the Lions did indeed draft a LB of similar size…

1 Like

I highly doubt he knew exactly where he would fall and likely had a list of players he was comfortable drafting. Perhaps Rodriguez was at the top of that list, perhaps it was one of the guys who got picked in between.

What I’m certain he did know is that some teams have height/length thresholds for LBs that Rodriguez wouldn’t meet. Dean either. Maybe they were off the boards of half the teams in the league, maybe more, maybe less, and they probably have the data to estimate what kind of drop that would cause. I expect he had a ballpark range for Rodriguez and it worked out for us.

2 Likes

You won’t be heartbroken once Levi starts f—ing people up, getting off the line and putting his helmet and hands on an offensive lineman and f–ing- up an offensive scheme. Pushing them back two, three yards and just making them feel like s—.

1 Like

The dude really has a chance. Typically with these undersized guys comes down to being able to stay healthy.

He was fun to watch in college, instinctive, twitchy, plus athlete. If doesn’t get dinged up moving forward who knows what he could be become. Could end up being a good one

I really, really hope you’re right, man. I’m not impressed with him at all, so far. I have faith in Brad, and that’s what gives me the most hope with him. I know Levi was hurt, but I haven’t seen anything that has really gotten me excited about him.

Even his hilights from college don’t look crazy impressive to me.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.