You all deserve better

I’m 49 years old. I’ve been watching the NFL since 1980. I am not a Lions fan, but always loved their uniforms and respected their fan base. I know pain as a sports fan. I’m a Giants, Mets, Knicks, and Rangers fan….I know sports fan pain, but even they give me something to cheer about every once in a while.
You guys sticking with this team, be it as new fans or longtime fans, I salute you. The team doesn’t deserve you. The Ford family should be kissing your a$$.
If I had the (non-existent) power, I would mandate that any owner whose team can’t make a championship game/series in their respective sport at least once every 20 years, would be forced to sell the team.

Anyhow. I hope you all get to enjoy watching your team do well one day. You deserve it.

12 Likes

Well you have to deal with Mr. Dolan so you know how the odds are stacked against us.

2 Likes

100%
I hope the mic electrocutes him next time he performs with his band.
Lucky sperm.

I hope Shiela can’t afford the inheritance tax when Martha goes.

1 Like

I agree. But lion’s fans need to wake up.

Why at this specific moment? We’re on a roll. We’re 0-0-1 in our last one game. They can never take that away from us…

1 Like

Your words are very kind, and I appreciate you dropping by to say them. But honestly I have to assume we have all done something to deserve this team. I don’t know how exactly, but every Lions fan is a terrible human being. That’s the only way this can all make sense to me.

1 Like

I’m good with that…

Great, pity from Giants fans…

Maple Leaf fan is on the line…

1 Like

Hey they got super bowls with Eli.
Now maple leafs I get

I was abused by my Father, it started when he took me to the Silverdome for the first time.

3 Likes

Neither Sheila nor her sisters will ever sell the team. And it has nothing to do with the tax-issue. It’s because owning this team is the only thing that makes them relevant, besides inherited money.

1 Like

One thing is for sure, trust fund babies make horrible owners.

Haah!

Not pity. Solidarity!

I’m old enough to have been around for all 4 Sb’s (and one SB loss)…but it’s been a rough last 9-10 years.

1 Like

2 Likes

My very first football game was at the Silverdome in 1985….Lions beat the Cowboys 26-21

Here’s a key difference:

Since the last Super Bowl in 2011, the Giants have finished 2nd in their division 3 times and finished dead last 2 times. No playoff wins and no 1st place finishes. This is an especially rough patch for you, as you said.

Since the 2011 season over the same span, the Lions have finished 2nd in their division 3 times and finished dead last 5 times. No playoff wins and no 1st place finishes. This is a high water mark for us and one of the best stretches we’ve had in the last 40 years. We are even wondering why we fired the coach who kept finishing in 2nd place with 9-7 records and no playoff victories. He was our Bill Parcells. :joy:

1 Like

Wayne Fontes was a favorite of mine.