You can sign two not three TWO FA

If we really do need to add at LB I’d consider Lavonte David. He’s old as hell but he can still by leaps and bounds a better LBer than Tremaine Edmunds.

Ultimately though I think we’re close to fine at LBer. Just a few tweaks needed rather than any huge acquisitions.

2 Likes

Your turning it into why your picks over other Can’t we just have posters pick the TWO they like so we can all look at an consider maybe even research more without being told your right an others are wrong.

Let posters list the two they like maybe they will list a couple that pass your standards :grinning:

Can we just have a post for ideas an not chest beating who is right or wrong. Thats what i wanted ideas its not like any one here can make signing.

2 Likes

So we shouldn’t discuss our opinions on here?

2 Likes

You can support your opinion for your two We can avoid the part on at least one thread who the other poster is wrong. I just wanted Ideas not bash other posters ideas.

1 Like

My two are Payne an Roquan Smith LB The reason is we can fill two holes with proven players an they are young. I agree about building with the draft but when we get a roster that is strong an deep then you add couple more studs that are proven.

That doesn’t mean you don’t add a Carter or a Anderson if we have a shot at that type of player.
Just means we have better depth an we have seen with injuries you need the young new draft for starters an for good depth.

2 Likes

Did he not sign an extension with the Ravens? If he didn’t I would replace Edmunds with him.

2 Likes

I’m not intending to bash. I’m simply bringing up why in my opinion I don’t think certain guys are fits.

The following points all seem to be relevant to the topic at hand:

• Too much $ invested in OL with Jackson needing to get re-upped (Jenkins)
  • having our top three safeties all be free safety types (Bates)
  • paying 12m for a good but not great LBer (Edmonds)
1 Like

Daron Payne and Von Bell

I’d be all for that. Payne is one of the very few FAs I’d want us to splurge on.

Just two

Jamel Dean CB still young and can get better
Roquan Smith LB same thing as Dean

Would love Trumane Edwards but think he is going to cost 15 million a year so I will temper that and go with

David Long Jr ILB
Jamaal Dean CB

Probably be able to get both for the 15 million

2 Likes

Long is a good suggestion. He’s really stood out when atched Tennessee this year.I’ve w

Jamaal Williams and John Cominsky! Keep your own guys that have earned it

Oops missed the part about not current Lions.

The Simpsons GIF

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll bite. I’ll throw a couple of different names out there…

CB Cameron Sutton, Steelers. He’s not flashy, he’s not going to break the bank either. Solid, veteran corner who is not a turd and pairs well with the youth in the secondary. In his prime. 5 years.

DT Sheldon Rankins, Jets. He can be what Brockers was supposed to be. A steadying veteran that pulls their weight on the defensive line, not just a paperweight collecting a check. 3 years

2 Likes

Does he create turnovers? … not really.
Does he sack the QB?…… not so much.
Does he rack up the TFLs?…. still no.
Does he excel in pass coverage?…. eh….

4 Likes

With a little more development Rodrigo and Barnes can be a nice pair IMO

3 Likes

Did someone say nice pair?

6 Likes

I am in the opposite boat on this topic. I think the depth with Barnes and Rodrigo is a great start. Especially with them both being so cheap. What the unit lacks is a clear every down LB who never comes off the field. The leader of the 2nd level who wears the green dot. I’m not a proponent of investing heavily into off ball LBs but I do think legit defenses have at least one LB who can wreck multiple plays a game. With the other LBs being a 4th rounder and a 6th rounder - you have room here to add a stud. Whether that’s FA, trade or draft…. I think that stud LB helps make this defense more consistent

4 Likes

I think Roquan Smith would be my splurge 1 FA this offseason. The Ravens can’t tag both him and Lamar and they for sure are not letting Lamar walk. They gave up a 2nd for Roquan and will get a comp 3 when he leaves unless they somehow extend him.

He has shown the experience as a field general on great defenses in Chicago and is a tackling machine that rarely misses opportunity’s.

It’s an exercise that sets people up for anger. Brad doesn’t like bringing in big time FA’ he would much rather draft and cultivate w good coaching. So while I would love Payne I’m not expecting it bc if I expect it and it doesn’t happen there will be a WTF Brad thread……I would have expected this offseason some big moves but apparently it might not happen. A savy vet or two “rashes Mathis style” a guard perhaps……but Some if the A+ FA mentioned aren’t walking through that door. …unfortunately.

1 Like