You played asshole with the wrong guy

niiice

So, wife is talking to the city attorney this morning. Just waiting to see how they finish this mess.

What the ■■■■? Are they working on the utilities or searching for buried treasure? They’ve demolished that lawn.

1 Like

Neighbors sewer line crossed into my property, they showed up and just started digging without permission. When I confronted the owner he said he had the “legal” right to do it, he didn’t. My wife is the city administrator/manager, this isn’t going to end well for this asshole. I found out that this scenario isn’t that uncommon in this town, but this guy just use’s the, “I have a legal right to do this line”, and people back down. Not asking my permission and not vacating the old line and doing it right and then lying to me, well, ■■■■ him. My entire adult life has been residential constuction and also a stint as an inspector in the building dept for the city of Des Moines as well as sitting on the mechanical board for the city of Marion and doing their code reviews. It means I know what I’m talking about and am less than amused when some shoot first and ask questions later cowboy tries to ■■■■ with me.

My recommendation to the city council will be that anyone performing work that might require them to access adjacent properties needs to get a notary verified signature that says that the owner has been contacted and has given their permission. It won’t constitute an easement, just permission for a specific event. Had this fuckhead done that they could have used my property providing that they took it back to the way they found it.

1 Like

I’m just shocked at the amount of damage they’ve done. Using a mini excavator seems like overkill, and they clearly didn’t lay down plywood to keep the tracks from tearing up the grass around it. When my brother had his septic line replaced they dug a narrow trench and made sure not to damage the grass around it. They did it neatly enough that they were able to lay the original sod back down. After a few months you couldn’t even tell the area had been dug up at all.

These pricks are going to have to bring in a truckload of new sod and spend a day laying it down. They could have saved themselves a lot of time and money by doing the job right. Not to mention the whole not getting your permission to work on your property in the first place…

2 Likes

Done?

I don’t think so!!!

So, at this point we have to wait to see what he does or doesn’t do to fix the problem. The sidewalk is on the neighbors ground, had I let him go on my property it would have been my sidewalk that got knocked out.

Is this dude the biggest moron in the history of construction? wtf

Your neighbors should be very concerned about the quality of that new sewer line. They should have it inspected to make sure it isn’t going to fill their basement with sewage. I wouldn’t trust any job handled by these sloppy, unprofessional fuckwads.

2 Likes

I coulda turfed that lawn for 1/3 the cost. See what happens when you open bid? Savings!

Seriously though, that looks like a whole lot of dipshittery.

2 Likes

That EXACT thing happened to my friends in Plymouth. It’s all messed up. Insurance only gave them some cash. They may have to sue the city.

It was terrible.

1 Like

Just got back from the neighbors, 2 women who really just trusted this guy to do the right thing. I explained why things happened the way they did which was somewhat different from what they had been told. Anyway, I told them if they had any questions when the bill came to feel free to ask me about it. I made sure they knew that they knew they couldn’t be charged for any work not done on their property, just in case this fuckhead wants to try and bend them over for his fuckups. I think they were relieved that I wasn’t mad at them, that my mess was maybe somehow their fault. Anyway, my wife is walking a thin line because this guy does a lot of work for the city and they don’t have many choices if he were to quit bidding their projects. ■■■■ it, I’m going to Cancun Saturday, I’ll deal with this shit after I get back.

4 Likes

The line is fine and just so you guys know in some cities you can add sewer line insurance to your water bill. And just about every insurance co out there will cover it for literally a few bucks a month. It’s worth it to add it to your coverage. Everyone uses plastic now so you don’t have to worry about all the half cans of pop that kids drink that you pour into your line. The biggest thing with plastic is making sure the ground underneath it doesn’t settle so it needs to be tamped down properly.

4 Likes

On a side note, I love this historic house in the pic. Is that your house or the neighbors?

That is the neighbors, mine was built in 1969. The house I moved from was one I had rehabbed and was a Sears home from 1920. I really didn’t want the move so this just pisses me off more.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of standing your ground and speaking up. I love taking on bullies. Even when I am not the subject of the bullies arrows. It’s in my DNA. But, sticking up for what is right and correct, can be a lonely road in life sometimes.

2 Likes

I’ve lived in that town for 5 years which means I’m an outsider but even the people who know the guy couldn’t believe what he tried to pull.

1 Like