You played asshole with the wrong guy

So I pretty much live in the rear on the house and there’s been a lot of construction going on around where I live. So I wasn’t concerned when I heard some work being done until I saw it, sewer crew was digging up my front yard to replace my neighbors line. Oh, that’s interesting. No knock on the door, just shoot first and ask questions later for these guys.

Well, how interesting. I said what the ■■■■ do you think you’re doing, then they told me what the ■■■■ they were doing. I said you gotta be ■■■■■■■ kidding me. Nope, they weren’t ■■■■■■■ kidding. I said who gave you permission to be on my property and I got the, “I guess we should have knocked on the door first.” Well, no ■■■■■■■ kidding. I told them to have their boss call me, he didn’t. I called him about an hour later. I own my home so I got the abstract out. Guess what, no ■■■■■■■ easement going thru my property. So I called the fuckhead who proceeded to tell me he had the legal right to go through my property. He doesn’t, he’s an “Ask for forgiveness instead of permission”,fuckhead, my industry is full of them and tried to play the , “I ■■■■■■■ know more than you game”, when he said he could legally do it.

So I proceeded to ask fuckhead why he simply didn’t vacate the original line and put the new one on the neighbors property. Dumb ■■■■ tried to say that my neighbors needed it done now and that they would come back later and do it right. He then proceeded to tell me that saying “■■■■” was unprofessional and I said “Oh ■■■■■■■ right”, and he said “That’s it, I’m hanging up.” And the fucker did. So, he figured out he was ■■■■■■ and got ahold of his guys and told them to fill it back in and do it the way I suggested.

My letter from my attorney will read, “You will fix the yard to it’s original state using matching sod, (not grass seed), and will be responsible for maintaining it to where it is self sufficient and doesn’t need to be maintained by the property owner. You will also be responsible for a period of 5 years of maintaining the site in case the trench drops. If it drops you will fix it and the 5 year period will start over.”

He messed with the wrong ■■■■■■■ asshole.

14 Likes

■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■

■■■■

■■■■■■■

Sorry dude… I’d be livid too

5 Likes

You know I see people do stupid shit all the time, the question is, what do they do to recover? Well, ignoring me instead of calling and apologizing just cost someone several thousand dollars. I will go over to my neighbors tonight and explain what happened. It sucks because we moved in when it was cold out and I haven’t even met them yet. Not sure how this is going to play out but they need to know the truth of what happened. On the plus side you guys notice just how black that dirt is?

2 Likes

You can always have them leave the trench there so you only have to throw dirt on the bodies…

#makingthebestofabadsituation

5 Likes

I’m glad you said, “bodies”, because I’m all about a clean sweep.

1 Like

Put up a fake tombstone that has the asshole’s name on it.

2 Likes

It won’t be fake.

1 Like

Love it. Apologize to the neighbor, but sit out there and chirp at the owner/forman while they are working.

1 Like

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

This story is a classic example of what happens when you don’t put land mines along your property lines. Hope you learn from it bro! :wink:

Bird Lol GIF

2 Likes

Small town, battle lines were drawn years ago. There are 2 excavators and it’s you’re either with us or agin’ us. Thankfully the wife is related to the other one Not sure if that makes us a Hatfield or a McCoy.

2 Likes

I got pissed at a neighbors lawn service once for destroying our underground dog fence while aireating their yard.
I mean, it doesn’t take a genius to consider that probably 50% of the houses in the neighborhood have these things …and 30 seconds to ask where it is. But no … just go crazy and hope for the best.

But stuff happens. I politely gave the business owner the name of the fence installers, and suggested we would like to be able to let our dog out into the yard again very soon.

1 Like

The last guy who dug a trench in my yard ended up starring in Metallica’s One video.

Yep, and instead of apologizing he went after me for yelling at his guys. Wrong move, this guy is known for bullying people into accepting his explanation for his mistakes. I’m older, by quite a bit, but here’s the deal. If it comes down to it he’s going to have to kick my ass but that dumb ass will know he was in a fight. And then…I’ll own an excavation company.

1 Like

Hell ya brother…I see you as samuel L Jackson in this scene…

Nope, I’m just the old, crabby mother fucker who is literally saying, “Get off my lawn.”

2 Likes

Oh boy……I’m already known as the curmudgeon around my town, so I’m not exactly sure what I’d do…

Brutal dude

It’s easy, you do the right thing. Wife said the guys told her it didn’t matter they were just going to pass the cost on to the neighbor. Not going to happen, courts hate businesses that victimize their clients.

Shit like this gets me fired up. I will be your champion…and fight the contractor.

I was a general contractor, I know this dick better than he knows himself. No one has stood up to his crap in recent history. IOWA is filled with geriatric small towns, people worry about not having options. They accept things they don’t have to. I found out it’s two women who own the house next door, cool, they probably don’t appreciate being shit on. Stay tuned.