Zylstra out for the season

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1686152574250987520?t=MVzNPoWeMIySA5fUEpiYKw&s=19

#Lions TE Shane Zylstra is believed to have suffered a serious and significant knee injury, sources say. He’ll have more tests, but there isn’t a lot of optimism. Zylstra burst into the national spotlight last year with 3 TDs vs the #Panthers. Now expected to miss 6 months.”

Not a huge loss for the team but a real shame for him.

8 Likes

Well that sucks. I saw a YouTube short today where Jeff Risdon mentioned the injury didn’t look good and this confirms it.

2 Likes

Boo.

He may get an injury settlement though?

3 Likes

Increased reps for Mitchell.

3 Likes

Sucks for the kid. He was primed and ready.

Glad we got LaPorta!

4 Likes

He will, but if it truly is season ending, they may keep him on IR for the season, where he would get a split salary of $500K if he’s on IR for the season. Would likely get an injury settlement in that neighborhood as well.

It was on a late, low hit right?

1 Like

Shit, well glad it’s not a starter, but I feel for the guy. He finally got a chance to play last year, he’s 26 years old, played over 200 snaps and caught 4 TD’s. Even if he didn’t make the Lions maybe he catches on with another team, now his season is over before it starts. Sucks for the dude.

5 Likes

Dorsey went low, I don’t think it was late.

4 Likes

They put John Dorsey in pads? F yeah!

2 Likes

Sucks, no matter who it is, kid chasing a dream and gets a really nice taste last season and then boom…

7 Likes

Who we gonna sign for TE 4 practice squad guy

D’eric Debron.

Gonna run that same play with Dorsey too…

They still got Deese Nuts Jr

4 Likes

Drops are a problem. Or were during his early adolescence.

1 Like

He sucks tho

He needs to keep his cool. Gets testy.

Hooker loves him! :slight_smile:

Damn, on the DL I actually liked this dudes chances of making the roster. He’s a solid receiving TE. Sucks that it was friendly fire too. Really, really tough situation.

Deese Nuts loves to say “ligma”.

“ligma nuts!!!”. :laughing::laughing::laughing: