#1 Overall Pick

The NFC sucks so the Rams probably sneak into the playoffs at 9-8 or 10-7. Then watch them win a game or two. Figures…the rams are clearly a shell of the team they were last year, but will still screw the Lions.

2 Likes

I’m already on team trade down…

I would take #5, 2nd, and 2024 first for #1

Let them take Bryce Young and Anderson if they give that up….

1 Like

High draft picks are what we need right now.

If they win their division, the Rams are in. But right now Seattle is winning the division. If they don’t win, there are 3 wildcards, the Giants look to almost be a lock, Dallas is 5-2, a bunch of teams would be competing with the Rams. I would give them at best 50/50 odds today - having watched them play a couple of times.

Stroud is a lot better on the move throwing than Mac is though. Bootlegging him and having him drop dimes on the run is a key to our (Ohio State’s) offense.

And here’s this…

I mean it shocked me when he did that because I thought he was going to be similar to Haskins in the pocket, but he’s capable of running. He keeps his eyes downfield all the tike though and doesn’t like contact. Just watch the Iowa defensive touchdown to see how much he likes contact.

If he has “it”, I haven’t seen it yet. In college, Fields had “it”, but I have yet to see anything from Stroud that shows he has “it”.

My comp for him would actually be Justin Herbert, but he probably runs less. Also Herbert is 3 inches taller if I recall correctly. But as far as playstyles I think they’re similar with what I’ve watched of Herbert.

Yeah I’m definitely not impressed at all. I think they will struggle all season. I said sneak in…so I don’t think we are that far off.

1 Like

I thought Fields would boom or bust. I didn’t see a kid who had killer instinct, or creative arm talent. He has a strong arm, he’s big and fast, and thus he dominated inferior talent- especially because he was surrounded by elite talent.

If I could put Bryce Young’s brain in Levis’s or Richardson’s bodies I’d be inclined to go QB atop the draft.

Right now I’d prefer to take Will Anderson. He’s a Von Miller, Parsons type weapon.

3 Likes

Herbert is 6’6” 240 with 4.69 forty speed and a cannon arm. He played with no nfl talent around him at skilled positions (maybe a TE who went undrafted now on Saints Juwan Johnson)…. He had almost as many rushing TDs as Stroud has rushing “yards”

Size, arm strength and mobility all heavily favor Herbert…

Frankly I’m not convinced Herbert has “it” yet…

See what I mean?

I agree Herbert has the stonger arm but I’d argue Stroud has betyer touch on his long throws. Also, Stroud can run like Herbert, but he just doesn’t.

I think he’s going to run a lot faster than people think he will.

But as a die hard Ohio State fan, I want Bryce Young.

I can’t compare him to Jones because his ability to process information is nowhere near where Mac is, and he will never get there. That’s Mac’s superpower.

You focused your post on CJ Stroud but I think the bigger point is that Mac Jones is better on the move than people realize.

I think your gut might be right. He puts up numbers but the win/loss column supports how you feel about him.

I am going to laugh at any team that uses an early pick on Stroud. Here is another attempt at a comp for CJ Stroud…Geno Smith.

Wait. You mean, the guy who is playing like a top 10 QB and has a tanking team at 4-3?

1 Like

CJ Stroud belongs in the NFL, just like Geno Smith. Don’t look at it thru the “all or nothing” lens that Lions fans use for everything. CJ just has some limitations to his game that will make it so that he will never be able to live up to the expectations of being an early pick. He will have the ability to look brilliant in spurts. But overall he will be a passenger on an NFL team, not the driver.

People have actually adjusted their expectations for Geno based on his history, and they don’t realize they are grading him on a curve. He can go out and throw for 190 yards and people are like “OMG Geno is lighting it up!!!”

I think it was said best when an analyst said that CJ Stroud would be in the rare position of DOWNGRADING his talent level at WR when he gets to the NFL.

I saw that chart on the Carolina Panthers forum but couldn’t find where it came from so didn’t post it. I don’t even believe PFF numbers so random numbers in a spreadsheet like thing, yeah not meeting my posting standards. But since you posted it, very interesting. I wonder where it came from?

1 Like

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

The Lions are not taking a 5’10 180 lb QB. Look at BH draft record and FA signings Bradford, Goff, Mannion, Bortles, Boyle, Sudfeld. They are all over 6’3. If you want a QB it’s Levis and maybe Stroud.

1 Like

Forget the draft talk
Lions got close to top dibs on waiver claims
The next josh reynolds or even obj could happen

1 Like

When I make a list of the Lions problems, Jared Goff is not at the top of it.

1 Like

He was at the top of the list of a team that was ready to win the Super Bowl though

4 Likes