1st round draft thread

I’m ok with paying AA but we also invested in Barnes and Malcom. Looks like those boys will be ST players here shortly

1 Like

We didn’t pay Anzlone a lot of money.

1 Like

AA isn’t that expensive and isn’t a long term piece to our team. So, kind of irrelevant.

2 Likes

And Barnes and Rodriguez are on rookie contracts.

1 Like

Gil Brandt talks about a similar concept. He said fans get to dissect every pick and come up with ways that a guy could be had 5-10-15 and even 20 picks later. For real NFL teams you have your pick and then the next pick 30+ spots later. A guy that can be had 10 spots later only works for fans. For teams if the guy isn’t going to be there in the next round at the teams pick…that means they don’t get the player at all.

6 Likes

B+ draft

1 Like

That and expert player evaluations and player analysis and projections.

What else is there to go on?

Enough said.

1 Like

@KarlKaliente said it perfectly. We did a great job if it were in the 2nd round.

3 Likes

What experts? Kiper & McShay?

This draft, by those that are in the know, was always considered one with maybe, maybe, a dozen true blue chippers. The difference between the middle 1st & mid 2nd were basically interchangeable. People seemed to have forgotten this, even though this was discussed IIR more than once here. But then some get caught up in their mocks & rankings and over react.

\

6 Likes

The actual draft?

3 Likes

Wut? What “expert player evaluations”? Just because they’re employed by a company and called experts doesn’t make it anymore true. Kiper’s one of the worst in the business and considered an “expert”. Actual scouts aren’t sharing their scouting reports, so all we have to go on is mock drafts made by fake “experts”.

1 Like

Except I expect both of those players would have been gone in the second round. I think the Lions have a pretty small draft board. They can afford to pick “their kind of player” so it is not just about the talent. I love that they are very particular.

I would generally agree on the position value….
but Edmunds getting a bag from Chicago….
plus Roquan and a few others… and Devin White likely to join the club soon…. :thinking:

Wow Brad really went against position value.
Never thought they would take a LB high enough to consider Campbell let alone one in the 1st. Love the player thou

2 Likes

I am fine with the pick, Derrick never shied away from competition as long as the competition is fair. Anzalone being a pet created a bias that Barnes could not over come, it was never the competition. The questions is what are they going to do with the 19 mil LB. Makes no sense too me.

I like Brugler myself.

1 Like

Video Game Win GIF by Portugal. The Man

Wait you mean they aren’t area and regional scouts for an actual NFL team?

3 Likes