2022 Offense, My take

Agree on the TE piece of the puzzle.

I would love to have a TE that is a great blocker with great hands. I could care less if he only runs a 4.8 40 yard dash.

Hock has injury issues (only playing in 12 games in 2 of his 3 seasons). He’s under contract for 2022 and we have 5th year option for 2023. He’s not a “knee cap biter” and I don’t think our resident HC tough guy would have ever drafted him.

Same oline
Swift. Reynolds , Williams, iggy
Wr sign Kirk , Draft David Bell, Reynolds, St Brown, Cephus and Raymond
TE Hock, sign Conklin, Wright
Qb Goff sign Siemian,

He’s quite good. Unique movement skills for that height. Definitely more of a wall guys off kind of blocker but he’d be a good add. LaPorta, Allen, Dulcich, Ruckert would all be nice Hock understudies.

I’m still not sure I don’t see more value in getting a veteran in line number two and then drafting a Hunter Bryant type that can actually stay healthy.

Not draft eligible till next year, right? Georgia’s tight end room is insane even without Arik Gilbert.

His height and hands make him an ideal red zone target. We are likely to see around 15 TE’s taken in this draft, and yet Allen doesn’t fall in that group. He’s had some great games, 7 receptions vs Wisconsin that had a pretty good D for 143 yards. I have no problem getting a vet TE depending on who and how much, but once we upgrade the WR position just getting a reliable chain mover is a big step forward. Charlie Kolar with #97 is my preference.

Yeah. He was recruiting class of 2020.

…HSVLion, reporting live from Mercedes-Benz Stadium…

3 Likes

Of all the gin joints in all the world…

QB - Goff is QB1, and Blough and a veteran will compete for the backup spot. Unless Covid disappears I think they carry three QBs.

RB - Swift and Williams are no 1 and no 2. Draft someone late to compete with Jefferson, Reynolds and Igwebuike for the depth positions.

FB - Cabinda

WR - Find a no 1 guy in free agency, and a no 2 guy with a high draft pick. Roll with St Brown as the no 3 and Reynolds as no 4. St Brown can be a no 2, but I want depth at the position again and having two no 2 type guys is really not a problem. Scour the bottom of the FA market for guys to compete with Cephus for depth.

Oline - Decker, Jackson, Ragnow, Vaitai, Sewell, Brown, Nelson. Spend a mid round pick on a guard and fill out the depth wih a cheap free agent.

One big free agent, one high draft pick, one mid round pick and one late round pick is all that’s needed to fill the offense out IMO.

If you’re going to keep decker why switch them? I understand the long term goal behind it, but Sewell has proven he can switch over at any time. Decker is a good left tackle and Sewell is elite on the right side. Moving decker to a position he hasn’t played in a very long time, if at all, makes our line weaker while he adjusts. It makes more sense to keep everyone where they play their best. You move Sewell after decker is gone or if his play declines.

1 Like

I almost went as we are an hour away from the stadium but decided last minute not too.
Enjoy!

1 Like

Not sure who the posters you are referring to. I read it where all agree we need help, some think a midlevel FA, some a draft pick, some both. Put me in the category of both. We have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, our 1st or 2nd 3rd round choice should net us a good talent.

LOL so you went right by Slay’s post right after mine and he doesn’t mention a TE at all. READ thru these posts. I am not going to call out individual posters unless you want me to PM you because I have zero respect for the one’s who think what we have is OK.

I don’t want to mid-level draft pig… I want a medieval draft pick

Fox :wink:
Got em deep

Allen Robinson would be a waste of Cap…I have no problem with Wilson just stop looking for agreement from posters on Robinson

1 Like

grounding?

Nvm

Nvm

Yeah, what a drag it would be to have a true number 1 WR.

The team definitely needs two more quality WRs. One via the draft and one via FA makes sense. At least one of them needs to be a vertical threat, as that will only improve things for St. Brown, Hockenson and Swift.

I think the Lions should still look to improve their RB depth, and even try to find a RB who is better than Swift. He hasn’t given them a full season as the lead back. It’s not the worst thing in the world to have Swift as your lead back, but they should strive to improve the group. I think the philosphy, though, is to make the o-line elite, and then it works with even more mediocre backs.

It remains to be seen whether Goff will work as the QB. But the Lions have another season in ‘22 to figure that out. I think they should still look to get a QB in this draft – maybe with the Rams’ pick; maybe on Day 2 – that they can develop and improve the (horrid) QB depth, and perhaps catch lightning and have someone who takes it away from Goff and makes the decision easier.

1 Like