2022 Offense, My take

This TE from Georgia - Washington seems like the perfect fit for a Ben Johnson offense.

We run quite a bit of ‘13’ package, why not add an athletic 7’5" 435 lb weapon? Exaggerating a bit, but in the handful of Georgia games I’ve watched, he really jumped off the screen with his size and athleticism.

@Thats2 has mentioned Washington recently (and Branch) which prompted me to dig a little deeper on these Bama kids. Really respect his input on these draft prospects.

At 270+, with the “dog” in him as a blocker (just like Penei, Jamo, St. Brown), Washington really tries to embarrass you. His teammate Pickens from last year had the same attitude blocking. Darnell doesn’t look to be a 40+ reception guy, but he would be nasty in the 13 package and a nightmare in the red-zone.

Brian Branch is Amon Ra St. Brown on defense. That’s what I see. Robotic, with a fundamental smoothness to his game. There is no wasted motion in his movements. Get’s a little ‘handsy’ and seems to whiff on some tackles but the talent and game savvy is there. I know it’s odd, but he really reminds me of an Amon Ra St. Brown of the secondary.

@HSVLion You still high on Darnell Washington? What’s everyone else’s thoughts on this TE from Georgia? We have two 2nd round picks, is that the spot to grab him (40-60 range)?

This is actually an excellent comp, they even have similar builds. I think Branch might be a little faster overall but it’s still not a plus trait for him compared to his fellow DBs. Hell he kinda plays the same position on the defense. It’s not hard to imagine Branch going mano e mano with ARSB all game long. Nice call.

2 Likes

Hey nice call!

2 Likes

Washington to Lions discussed at 46:50

I wanna roll w/the TEs we have. Rather have OG & RB, if offense is the agenda.
*This doesn’t mean Holmes won’t make me eat my words next year. LOL

He’s not a TE. He’s Matt Nelson that can run routes and catch passes like a TE. Great YAC guy to boot. Pretty much a one of a kind prospect.

2 Likes

As they mention on the video. Imagine you bring in Matt Nelson or his replacement at RT. Sewell and Darnell both eligible next to him. Now you can get both of them down the field. You can do screen and swing to RBs. But you can also do short passes to St. and Jamo where the best run blocking tackle and best run blocking TE in modern college football history are out in front of them while they have the ball on the perimeter.

The thought has to he running through Dan and Brad’s minds. Ben too if he’s here.

1 Like

I trust 'em…that’s for xamn sure!