2023 Detroit WR's

Then Zay Flowers and Trey Palmer would be two good day 2 options IMO.

1 Like

His name is Xavier Hutchinson or Rashee Rice.

1 Like

We’re almost in sync (except for the “literally angered” part). My hope is that Allen Lazard is available at a decent price. I think he’ll look good opposite Jamo, who’ll still effectively be a rookie. If not - and chances are they don’t land him - then, yeah, fill that opposite starter spot with a 2nd-rounder, provided they can find one they think is an upgrade from Reynolds or Chark. (Would prefer Kennedy to Chark, honestly.)

And love Raymond back there on punts and, as a receiver, love his speed given a little space. But no doubt his size limits what’s possible. But as a 5th or 7th WR and punt returner? He’d be close to a lock on my team.

1 Like

With the 5 picks through the first 3rds we need to skip wrs. If we go offense with any of those picks its QB/RB/OG.

We really need an RB, we can’t go into next year counting on Swift!

1 Like

Also agree. Only way I reconsider is if he takes a very very cheap prove it deal

Draft one or sign FA to replace Reynolds and Chark both.

If xavier runs in the 4.4s I’d think he goes pretty high. X WR profiles seem to be more rare. Rashee Rice is the guy I want. Get an outside, catch point type with plus yac skills. Not a burner but a St. Brown type of dog.

https://twitter.com/natetalksfb/status/1596301801963556864?s=46&t=p-llZQuRXiIIm4iOxAD7yA

1 Like

I could totally see St. doing this.

https://twitter.com/cwilliamsnfl/status/1551713884821667840?s=46&t=0Mw78uDYvn01goY3Iczapw

2 Likes

Quentin Johnson would be the perfect compliment to who we have and the only receiver I’d be ok with in the 1st.

And while I prefer a great route runner, a Justin Jefferson type (Smith Njigba, Kayshon Boutte), I hope we wait until later in the draft for a WR. I like the idea of Jalin Hyatts speed to pair with Jamo, but I think Rashee Rice and Xavier Hutchinson are a poor man’s version of Quentin Johnson. If either are there in the 3rd, I think they would be a great value.

Don’t you think Johnson is going top ten?

1 Like

Yes, 8-15 ish. If we’re holding picks 6 & 18, with Young, Anderson, Carter all gone, I’d prefer taking a CB over Myles Murphy and missing out on one of the top CBs. Then if QJ is avail at 18, I don’t know that I would pass on him.

I would like to see DL, CB (Porter, Smith, Ringo), LB (Sanders) addressed in the first 4 picks. We need a top CB to pair with Okudah and the only DTs I have with a first round grade are Carter and Breese and both are likely gone by 15, this is a deep draft for DE/Edge.

1 Like

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

get out gtfo GIF

3 Likes

Trade back.
Trade one of our picks for first, future first and a 2nd? Something like that?
I’m the bean guy…always have been. I’m all about the triple or quadruple trade back if Anderson and/or Carter are out of the picture.

1 Like

Raymond has done quite well during his time here. He has also helped change the culture I have heard. Makes some clutch plays

This right here!!! But I would let Chark go and just keep Reynolds, he is under contract for another year and is producing 2x what Chark is right now

1 Like

I’m not going to expect anything
I’m going to be good with whatever direction Holmes & Co go with roster decisions in 2023
We could make valid arguments to draft at almost any position
Whatever players they deem will most improve the roster and team — that’s the players I want

Gets back to “relative value” over positional need
I’ll be shocked if we don’t see a DT in the first two rounds. Beyond that … no doubt we need a guard at some point and probably a RB
There still are, and will always be, plenty of needs

Keep getting players that fit the mold.
This may be a great draft to focus exclusively on BPA

2 Likes

Oh No Smh GIF by NBC
“Here’s Your Sign.”

This draft is where you line up the guy to take over for Reynolds in 24. He gets a year as WR 5 to learn.

Rd 5 pick, big body, maybe not so fast/low combine scores. Cephus redux in Cephus’ roster spot. Indont want him or Chark back…because you know what injury prone guys do as they age?

Get more injury prone.

2 Likes

Chark is interesting to me. With his production so far this year and his injury one of two things will occur. #1 Either he balls out the last 6 games trying to get paid next year, which would be sweet or #2 he will be on a prove it deal next year and come cheap. IMO he owes us and I would sign him cheap for next year. Reynolds is under contract and Goff likes him so why F with that. I also look at WR and every year there are lots of them on the market and a #3 isn’t hard or expensive to sign. I am all for drafting a young guy but later in the draft. Obviously, if the right guy falls take him. BPA with a hint of need.
With the cost of WR contracts these days you pretty much have to take one every year and hope the beans were well used.

2 Likes

I hope to see, Jamo, St., JRey, Raymond, and Kennedy back next year.
Another Rookie would be great.

1 Like