2023 QB comps

My concern with this class is that Young and Stroub project to be the top QBs. Now this id not a judgment of their play, but more on their schools. I cannot think of a good NFL QB actually ever coming from either Ohio State or Alabama.

Now either one or both maybe the exception, but i do not have confidence at this time that they will.

5’10" 180lbs isn’t big, think he’s going to get hammered in the NFL. Give me Stroud as of now. Don’t know much about the other 2 guys mentioned.

1 Like

This won’t last. They literally get the best QB recruits every year, they’re going to have a star break through soon and we’ll all laugh about this the way we do about Big 12/Air Raid QBs.

Also Alabama had Ken Stabler and Joe Namath, so it’s not that they’ve never had good QBs. Just not in awhile. And Burrow went to Ohio State. Didn’t graduate from there but if LSU “untainted” whatever it was that Ohio State did to him, it seems like an actual NFL program could do the same for Stroud.

1 Like

I get you, and hope that if the Lions choose one of them next year he is the exception. Would love for the Lions to catch some lightning in a bottle at the position.

I think you’re right, with re to both Alabama and Ohio State. The Willis fans et al were crying about having to use 2 first round picks next year to get another chance at a franchise QB, well, I doubt it. If we decide Goff’s ceiling is game manager and they want to move on, it won’t take 2 picks to find a guy who has just as much chance as most of the others in the draft at being a franchise QB. And the game of NFL football has changed quite a bit since the time of Stabler and Namath, were either of those guys around in the last 50 years?

1 Like