2024 Draft Crush Thread

Don’t mind me with the highlights drops. Just feel like as we build it out this way it’s a quick way for folks to catch up o who we’re talking about.

4 Likes

Edgerrin Cooper is the best LB cohttps://youtu.be/IopjjHIOEeIming out of college that I have seen in the last 3 years. Not sure if that link works right but this dude plays football. That link works fine. If you listen to the highlights you will hear it’s Cooper again and again. He brings it every down all game long and punt coverage too.

2 Likes

OK, so I’m officially adding Renardo Green to mine. Plug and play outside CB starter who we’ll probably be able to get in the 3rd, unless he blazes in the 4.3s. Then it might take our 2nd, and I’d be fine with that too.

2 Likes

He’s about as sure of a thing as there is to be solid right away. I get the sense that 4.5 is kind of baked in for him so if he does run 4.3s I’m not sure pick 58 is going to cut it.

Fortunately I don’t think he will. Btw, Adam Fuller does a great job teaching their pressure packages. Everyone on the second and third level of that D seems to have a knack for it.

Yeah, I’m just sort of shamelessly stealing your guys heh heh. I hope you don’t mind! I don’t expect anything in the 4.3s either, but then again I wouldn’t be surprised by anything.

I know Pat Surtain Sr. is the DB coach there, I figured he had a lot to do with the success of the DBs. I admit that I have very little knowledge of their pressure packages though, except when I see the blitzes on tape.

3 Likes

Not stealing at all. The board is in that building consensus and establishing fault lines part of the process.

As I mentioned in another thread whether or not a corner is ready now is a big consideration for me. At least for one of the picks if we have multiple one. That’s why I probably hold guys like Green, Stiggers and Khyree in higher esteem than many. I think those three can be counted on early. There are some risks with the last two but probably higher upside as well.

1 Like

Neither do I. But both DeLoach and Green seem to time it up so well. They don’t give up their disguise but don’t miss a beat either.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Admittedly I have less knowledge of collegiate players the way you guys do. I appreciate the highlight dumps and the personal insight.

Thanks for this info.

4 Likes

I much prefer Barton as the future center to JPJ. I’d prefer not to go that route in the 1st, but if we do I’d rather have him.

2 Likes

Yeah, they do. Seems preternatural almost.

I’d be fine with Barton in round 2. When he was being talked about in round 1 for us I could not get on board.

Barton isn’t making it to #58. That would surprise me a good deal.

2 Likes

Hopefully we trade down, grab a pick, then id be fine.

However, I still stand by Tvondre. There isnt one guy in this draft that can block him 1v1.

I would have no problem taking Barton with our 1st round pick. He could start day 1 at LG and with the tenacity that he plays with I’d say by midseason he will be much better than Jonah. Like thats 2 said he would be long term insurance at C if Ragnow ever had to shut it down. Barton started his career as a center.

3 Likes

My main contention with this is I don’t want to use yet another 1st round pick on OL, especially an iOL. The OG/OT spot is more viable because good OTs rarely come from outside the 1st round (and paying an OT 1st round money is more palatable re: the cap), but great OGs and Cs are found all the time with cheap capital. We need to do that imo. As it stands we’ve spent more on our OL than pretty much any other team. That’s difficult to sustain, iOL is a great spot to play moneyball.

But I do like Barton. I have him well over JPJ. I just wouldn’t spend a 1st on either.

This is weird not having a true draft crush at this time of year. I blame the Lions success into January for that.

The closest thing to a draft crush at this point would be Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia. Smart, driven, moves well, big enough to play guard, prudent Ragnow insurance. A target at #61OA.

He’s my favorite center as well