2024 Final Mock - Lions Trade up

I wouldn’t think it would do much for the 40. But it may help you with your 46,145.

Charlie Campbell updated his mock now he has Latu to Bears, Cowboys going Guyton, Brian Thomas to Buffalo, Vegas trading up for Penix

Wait What Reaction GIF

1 Like

And latest Denver rumor is extending Surtain to trade him for a qb.

Only mock on the internet that had us going up for Terrian Arnold… @HSVLion happy boy?

Gotta give @Sofatso a shhoutout here too & @BubbaBaker-60

1 Like

Denver said “I’ll show that guy on the Lions message board!!!”

1 Like

Shoutout to @jman for getting the pick right
Shoutout to @BubbaBaker-60 for getting the trade partner right
Shoutout to @Sofatso for getting virtually everything right . . . in December of 2023. That’s some freaky shit.

5 Likes

Amazing stuff! Well done Den.

2 Likes

That rumor proved to be 100% true.

2 Likes

Posts of the month.

2 Likes

@Jman
While I do give you shit about your JJ love. You crushed this draft. A ton of right picks even if the trades did not pan out.

What this mock says to me is that most would have no issue giving up that 3rd to move up that far for TA. It just so happens that he fell so we are all greedy bastards and wanted to right size the pick swaps while gouging the draft for that talent.

The one that impresses me the most is Nix. You most have done your research because last night after the pick it sounded like Denver was willing to sacrifice babies and virgins to get Nix. And you got Guyton right to Dallas. I would need to spend so time counting how many you got but it looks like a good haul.

2 Likes

@Jman

Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

3 Likes

It goes to show that if you post every micro-thought that rampages through your brain, you’re gonna be right occasionally.

Ben Stiller Swag GIF

1 Like

Haha I hit the search button and saw your post from December.

Be honest, did you even remember typing that back then ?

1 Like

When I saw @DeadStroke comment, I had no idea what I’d written. Once I read your post and the quote, I remembered. Since I wrote that, Terrion Arnold’s draft stock rose so far out of our reach (it seemed) that I got off of that dream.

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting Jigga’s draft sources for YEARS. You always kill it my man. I wish I cared like I used to, cause I would’ve kept on your posts like yesteryear. College football lost me. I got the Lions, and nothing else. (For sports… life is good)And if you wanted Arnold, then I’m happy with the pick. :joy:

2 Likes

The best sources:

A) your own eyes and your own brain
B) Listen to guys like Kirk Herbstreit, Nick Saban, Jim Harbaugh. Guys that know the college and pro game. Their opinions are gold.
C) Read what everyone else is saying… PFF, ESPN, NFL, Charlie Campbell, etc.

D) Know the Philosophies for who’s in charge for each franchise.

For example…in the other thread I mentionted trading down from Hock pick 2.0 to get #86 and #123.

It is no surprise that HOWIE & CASEIRO pulled this off to the exact pick # if you know both their philopsophies

AND both their draft capital. Texans had a plethora of picks and No round 1 this year. Eagles traded up to get Cooper Dejean round 2.

It made sense

So a quick look at Florio’s draft board and then creating my mock based on my idea of what the team needs isn’t a good idea?
Write That Down Fran Healy GIF by Travis

The draft is over but when you look at roster I expect some player trades an get few picks or even maybe a WR or safety. We now have to many CBs some are just ok but we should look to move even if for a 7th . Then use 7ths to get possible cuts. before they hit the wire.

Do we think Vildor, Moseley or Khalil could fetch a 7th?
That’d be awesome if it happens.

Only way they let Moseley go is his knee doesn’t heal right . The other two not sure the draft was deep in CBs but you never know what teams want. Vildor played well for player coming in half way in season. we have the haters because of the TD that hit his face mask. He is not a starter but he is depth an the guy tackles. Would fans be ready to ship say Branch if that happened to him?

Fans need excuses an players to blame its what they do.