2025 NFL Draft

Three wolverines projected in the top 15 of the 2025 NFL draft.

Will Johnson #3
M Graham #7
C Loveland #14

I know several have been itching to start this thread, including myself everytime I see a PFF top rated players at this position or that position. i I started it in the college football section so it won’t show up in everyones feed.

Tagged it for the wolverines as you have to tag something and I’m assuming AI will edit it or I will.

Lets go drafting!!

@Thats2
@CuriousHusker
@Phunnypharm
@Davicus

I know I’m forgetting others feel free to tag them

2 Likes

https://x.com/PFF_College/status/1808661251012063430

2 Likes

I’m surprised Kenneth Grant isn’t on that list.

I bet he goes in the top 15 though.

1 Like

Buckeyes to watch:

Quinshon Judkins
TreVeyon Henderson
Emeka Egbuka
Donovan Jackson

J.T. Tuimoloau
Tyleik Williams
Jack Sawyer
CJ Hicks
Sonny Styles
Denzel Burke
Davison Igbinosun
Jordan Hancock

(Don’t buy into the Josh Simmons talk. He really sucks.)

Crimson Tiders to watch:

Jalen Milroe
Germie Bernard
Tyler Booker
Parker Bralisford

Jihaad Campbell
Deonte Lawson
Malachi Moore
Keon Sabb

2 Likes

I think he is definitely in the top half of the second at the latest.

1 Like

Yeah, I said during the last draft cycle that all my favorite Michigan prospects were in the 2025 class. Those three and Grant I have with better grades than anyone last year (including McCarthy).

Great DT, RB and CB class. A couple of superstar safeties at the top (Kevin Winston Jr. is one of my favorite prospects ever). Good at WR, Edge and maybe OT. Even LB is pretty good, if you count Perkins and Carter. The only real weaknesses to me are at QB and maybe iOL, though they always tend to grow on me through the process.

2 Likes

From the pff link above
Top 10 QB’s

I’m familiar with the top 6 and Allar, rest not so much. I’m still undecided on how good Beck can be and Milroe as well

QUARTERBACKS

1. CARSON BECK, GEORGIA BULLDOGS
  2. DILLON GABRIEL, OREGON DUCKS
  3. JALEN MILROE, ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE
  4. SHEDEUR SANDERS, COLORADO BUFFALOES
  5. QUNN EWERS, TEXAS LONGHORNS
  6. JAXSON DART, OLE MISS REBELS
  7. GARRETT GREENE, WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS
  8. DREW ALLAR, PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS
  9. NOAH FIFITA, ARIZONA WILDCATS
  10. BRADY COOK, MISSOURI TIGERS

HONORABLE MENTION:
PRESTON STONE, SMU MUSTANGS

Beck will almost certainly go in the top ten, but he doesn’t have the freakish traits FOs tend to love. Not a freak athlete, not a cannon arm. Of course they said the same thing about Stroud, so…

Will Howard isn’t listed, but I personally think he will be the biggest Daniels-style riser (@HSVLion). His main competition will probably come from his own team. But if he wins the job - and I expect him to - I really like him. Dude’s a winner, a Josh Allen-esque athlete at the position, and accurate too. Not the strongest arm.

I personally really like Shedeur. There’s something to be said for QBs who had to absolutely carry their teams. They pan out pretty regularly in the pros (Mahomes, Allen, Love, Rodgers, etc… which is another reason why I don’t understand them transferring up, but whatever). I understand the knocks against him - waning accuracy as he gets tired, pocket awareness (though this could be do to the awful blocking he got), some of the off-season stuff - but I think most of it gets fixed on a good roster.

On the other side, I think Ewers is pretty jaggy. I’ve got him in that day 2 Kyle Trask, Mason Rudolph, Jimmy Clausen, Davis Mills tier. I think his arm is very questionable, and his deep accuracy is some of the worst I’ve ever seen. I mean what college QB got to play with talents like Xavier Worthy and Adonai Mitchell? Very few. And he couldn’t hit them to save his life deep.

Milroe has a high ceiling but a floor around the Malik Willis level. Right now I wouldn’t touch him, though he could certainly improve.

Fifita is a fun watch and has a lot of skills, but he’s teeny tiny. Might be smaller than Bryce Young. And it shows when he really has to put some oomph into it.

Another guy not listed is Cam Ward, who has all the traits and is a super athlete. Strange throwing style though, and he never really lifted Washington State up the way Shedeur did at Colorado. We’ll see how he does at Miami this year.

Jaxson Dart is another guy people really like, but I see him as a lesser version of Beck. Jack of all trades master of none type, and there are guys better at it than him.

Allar, Connor Weigman, Garrett Nussmeier are all guys with the tools to push into the to 15 with good seasons, but I really doubt any will come out.

2 Likes

Luke Lachey will be TE #1.
Sebastian Castro Cash
Xavier Nwankpa Safety
Jay Higgins MLB

1 Like

I think Lachey goes in the 1st by draft day (provided he stays injury free), but I think he’ll have to get way up there to go above Loveland. Certainly possible, especially if he gets an Iowa TE bump. But I agree he looks like a great pro in the making.

Nwankpa fascinates me. Obviously the traits are freakish… maybe more so than anyone at the position ever. But sometimes he looks like a wild deer back there, and I think his instincts are definitely a work in progress. I suspect that gets ironed out as he gets more reps and if so, he could very well enter the Winston, Starks tier, and it would be a great draft for safeties.

Castro is basically the opposite, all instincts despite average measurables. But to me instincts really matter at safety, more so than athleticism (one of the reasons I liked Merriweather so much a couple of years back, and lo and behold he’s pushing for a starting job as a UDFA). And despite being a shorter, squatter guy, he’s still a very good athlete, so I don’t expect any problem transitioning to the league. Honestly his biggest issue is probably his age, turning 25 during his rookie season.

I’ve heard you mention Higgins a few times, but I admit I haven’t dug into the LBs in this class yet.

1 Like

Well I think Loveland will have to deal with a new UM QB which may hurt his numbers in 2024.
I don’t know if Cade is still at IA or who will be their starter.
Both those guys, Lachey and Loveland will be good TE’s at the next level.

Higgins had 171 tackles last year, 79 solo. 3 PD’s, an int, 2 FF, 1 FR. and 2 sacks. I believe they return 9 starters, with their O spending more time on the field they should be all that again this year.

Oh I’m sure the Iowa D will be amongst the best in the country. Death, taxes, great Iowa D, etc… Is Oregon or USC on the schedule this year (I know I could look it up, but I’m lazy). Those should be a fascinating contrast in styles.

Washington at IOWA and UCLA there at 8pm cst, Ohio State is their only tough matchup but they’ll probably lose 2 total, 10-2.

Ah, too bad, those are less interesting (especially with Washington basically having to start over from scratch).

Iowa has a new OC this year, correct?

1 Like

How about comps? Comps are fun.

Travis Hunter —-> Chris Gamble

1 Like

Does he have a nickname? How about “El Caballo”? Though they wouldn’t let him play in South Florida.

Earnest Greene ----> Penei Sewell
Deone Walker ----> Haloti Ngata
Will Campbell ----> Taylor Decker
Nic Scourton ----> Dayo Odeyingbo
Tacario Davis ----> Ahkello Witherspoon
Jalen Royals ----> Fast ARSB

1 Like

You major in Blasphemy at OK State?

1 Like