2025 NFL Draft

Chris Chambers!

1 Like

It’s a style comp! A style comp.

2 Likes

I thought of him but Chambers had that strange build with the long legs and tiny torso. Royals is the reverse, which makes him look shorter than he is (or at least shorter than he’s listed) kinda like ARSB

1 Like

Lucifer is fashionable

1 Like

Yeah, Royals isn’t as stocky as Chris was.

I thought of Ridley too, the fluidity, hands and route-running match up but I think Royals is a far better athlete. And actually watching him reminds me of Brandin Cooks, but he’s bigger so it doesn’t really work as a comp either.

Maybe some Golden Tate to his game as well, though his hands are far snatchier.

Barrion Brown —-> Ted Ginn
Harold Perkins ——> Wilbur Marshall

Now that is a blast from the past. Honestly didn’t remember Marshall being so small.

You’re not gonna drop your Burden comp?

Which one? Percy Harvin if he was actually interested in the WR craft?

1 Like

Marshall was 230 in a smaller era (though not much for LBs). Close enough.

Wolf you’re on the clock…

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

3 Likes

That’s the one, yeah.

Yeah, I mean 230’s probably a shade on the smaller side even now. Back then he would have been considered tiny.

Yeah. It’s hard to say. Dudes were smaller overall but LBers needed body armor.

Here’s another one for the sacrilege pile:

Ollie Gordon ----> Gale Sayers

Another style comp obviously, but go back and watch them both back to back. Sayers is one of the few “taller” RBs with a similar long-legged running style. Guys like Dickerson, Marcus Allen, etc… were built more proportionately and had lower centers of gravity. Both Sayers and Gordon give off a long-legged Gazelle feel. Sayers was likely faster if the rumors are to be believed, but Ollie’s no slouch.

Nah, he plays the “cash” position, “Dinero” works though. BTW, impressive numbers from last season. 47 solo, 20 asst, 1 sack, 1 FR, 3 int’s, 1 TD, 8 PD’s.

And this…
As the 2024 college football season approaches, Pro Football Focus has taken note of Castro’s contributions to the Hawkeyes. PFF listed Castro as its “Flex” on its way-too-early 2024 All-America team.

Castro is just as versatile as DeJean, having played 137 snaps in the box last year. He earned a 91.2 PFF overall grade and a 91.2 PFF coverage grade, which both ranked third among cornerbacks. He also led Iowa in pass breakups (seven) and interceptions (three) last season.

He had 8 breakups.

Ricky Waters in terms of rushing style (and size). Not that kind of receiver.

Pay Fidel no umbrage?

Homey don’t play that. Fidel destroyed a perfectly good country that the Mafia would have made into the island paradise it was becoming when they left. We need another Patton, who would kick those losers out over night and make it look like they started it.

I am unencumbered when it comes to puns. If I’m standing in line at Sur La Table behind a Cambodian family and a Pol Pot pun opportunity comes along I’m taking it.

1 Like