23 vs 24 Cap hit

Who knows, I’d love to have a trade down, but you need a willing partner offering the correct compensation. Along with Holmes not having fallen in love with someone sitting at 6 with the QB, or maybe it is a QB.

1 Like

When the new TV contracts kick in this cap is going way up in future years. It’s smart management to push higher cap numbers into future years. It’s like a loan from the future with no interest

All teams do it, it’s not unique to what Holmes is doing. And unless every team is planning on finding the unicorn starter rookie QB, it doesn’t portend anything other than typical caprobatics

1 Like

I think this is another anti Goff thread hidden in Cap difference between two seasons which as no bearing about how Holmes things.

2 Likes

I’m not anti Goff, but I do believe we can’t win a super bowl with him, he’s mediocre, he’s good not great… I don’t gotta hide anything just go on my profile and see what I think about him. Hope I’m proven wrong but I doubt it.

I always love the not anti Goff posts that read something like,

I’m not anti Goff. He’s good and I’m glad we have him but also he sucks and I want him replaced. Something something Cousins

3 Likes

You guys get so hurt whenever someone mentions anything negative with Goff. You can think a player is good but if a opportunity arises to replace him and do what’s best to win a chip and get better at the position and for the overall team what’s the problem? I can think Cousins, Dak, Goff, Carr are good QB’s but not great and won’t win a chip. Why are u guys hurt? No one hiding and I’m not sugar coating anything. I have a opinion and I promise u we won’t we a championship with Goff. I’ll bet my life on it. Stop being sensitive. I’m not too high with the QB’s in this class but if Holmes believes in one of them I’m on board if he doesn’t I’m gonna ride with Goff but if we have to extend him to a big deal I’ll pass.

My opinion, if u don’t agree that’s fine, just like u hype with him making the Super Bowl or going 8-2 down the stretch, I have my reasons why I don’t believe he can deliver, let’s see if he wins a chip. That’s all I care about idc about division or a playoff win I don’t think that’s enough for a big contract or extension, Rams learned the hard way…

Your best chance to compete consistently is to take
the high upside guy you can develop. It’s worth the
risk. Drafting a bust at QB doesn’t set a franchise
back as much as drafting a mid QB. People freak out
at Zach Wilson being awful but the Jets can just
move on now. Meanwhile a team like the Patriots are entering QB purgatory with a guy that’s just good enough to not move on from for a long time, that’s my fear with Goff. The goal is a championship. Don’t get attached to players, you think you can improve and get a better guy you do it. Doesn’t mean get a QB just to get one or for the contract only, if he’s someone the lions believe in then that’s fine and I think you take ur shot. I promise you this idea isn’t as controversial as it is in this forum… these conversations are def being talked about more often then not

@QBHATER90 @Thats2 you guys think I’m crazy or what? It’s tough out here man :joy:

2 Likes

Well said….brave man……at this point I am just curious and I just wanna see how the conversations go……it’s cool to observe.

1 Like

Hearing a Lions fan say they don’t care about a division title or playoff win and it’s only SB victory or bust is pretty surreal

I love the ‘aim high’ concepts. But baby steps. baby steps

Of course I care but if getting a division and a playoff win is ur goal then Jared Goff extension is reasonable but if ur goal is to win a championship then he’s not him. I hope I’m proven wrong but I guarantee you and mark my words, we will win the division and Goff will be a top 10 QB this year and he will get exposed in playoffs and you’re gonna be here talking about extending him “we won a damn playoff game!! We haven’t did that since 91! He’s a top 10 QB” I bet you that’ll happen. Then that’s when we’re ■■■■■■. He’s gonna have a smooth year but I’ll be back to remind u of this when he lays a egg in the playoffs and his flaws are exposed. If the plan isn’t working and we’re getting stuffed running the ball and it’s known passing downs and we’re down I wanna see if you’ll be comfortable with him as ur QB in the playoffs.

Y’all mentality since we’re not used to winning is settling for mediocre and being happy you’re finally relevant, this shit is taking off quick and there’s no time to settle for being just good. Let’s go win this shit.

1 Like

So if he loses at any point in the playoffs then he is a failure in your mind? Has to be get us to the Super Bowl or we’re going to replace you? Is that your standard?

At what point will you be convinced Goff is good enough to be considered for an extension?

Get us to the playoffs, but lose in the first round?
Get us to the playoffs, win 1 game, and then lose next round?
Get us to the playoffs, get to the conference title game, but lose in that conference title game?
Get us to the playoffs, gets us to the Super Bowl, but loses the Super Bowl?
Wins the Super Bowl?

1 Like

I think we can win with him, I just don’t think he can deliver a super bowl for us. It’s very tough, things need to go perfect for him in my eyes. From what I’ve seen with Goff his whole career he panics in pocket and pressure gets to him he chokes. I think with this team he needs to at least make the playoffs, and I think he will… I feel like having a top 10 offense or stats shouldn’t automatically give him a 40m contract. I’m trying to say, wait and see when we make the playoffs and what he does. Rams went to Super Bowl and Goff was balling lights out, then traded him, we can’t make that same mistake, cause weather people know it or not, our super bowl window is now.

I feel like 15 QB’s in the league rn can do what Goff is doing for us and take us as far as he can. If Holmes believes in a QB in this draft u go after him, you get 70% of Goffs production we can still compete but brings upside and doesn’t panic under pressure or miss guys deep, we can go farther.

1 Like

I’m just trying to get clarity on this quoted statement. You seem to be saying if he gets us to the playoffs and wins a playoff game, and them I assume we lose the next playoff game, that you’ll want to kick him to the curb.

Is that correct? So unless Goff (and the team) win 2 playoff games you want him replaced?

1 Like

Let me ask you, can you win a championship with Goff? I’m telling you if he wins a playoff game or 2 I’ll still won’t be paying him 40m, we can’t win a championship with Goff and damn sure we can’t with him making 40m… down the line we will have to let some talent go and I feel like he isn’t worthy enough, he’s not him. I mentioned the above comment because you guys will jump up and down that we have our guy if he balls out, but when he misses easy throws and missed guys and panics and we lose y’all be happy to pay him cause we made the playoffs. I want to win a championship and I don’t think he’s him… Simple tbh. But I’ll be cheering for him and hope I’ll be proven wrong :100:

I just don’t understand why you guys think looking at a QB or even getting one at 6 is such a wild stupid take as if Goff is a top 5 QB and elite lol.

1 Like

Yes, I think they can.

And if he wins 2 playoff games and you still want to kick him to the curb then your standards for QB play are way too high. If you’re going to keep switching QBs until you find the next Mahomes you could be waiting for the next decade or 2.

If Goff can change (I doubt it we have 7 years on him) and he delivers and balls out in playoffs then I may change my mind if the price is right but I really believe we won’t win the chip with him. Listen I swear I’m not wishing for him to choke, I would go crazy if he proves me wrong and I’ll be the happiest fan but I see a lot of Alex Smith with him… idc about stats I know Goff has way better stats I’m talking about our ceiling with him.

I’m laughing at the Goff arguments, and that its not me this time. We say Goff is above average or “good” but we dont think he’s great. And somehow that means we are anti-Goff and accused of saying he sucks. Even tho we never say that. Because there’s no middle ground. There is only sucks or elite.

I REALLY like CJ Stroud. Can we trade Goff to the Panthers, or Texans for the #1 or 2 pick? Do you think a team will give up a top 10 pick, and another 1st round pick, a very good WR, and two 2nd round picks for Goff?

DO IT!

1 Like

Thank God I got someone that thinks like me alittle… it’s wild man. Like damn, you would think they’re defending mahomes :joy:

CJ stroud is literally a Jared Goff but more mobile, I’ll take him in this offense over Goff tbh lol

1 Like

Stroud is the one QB I would run to the podium for, the others not so much.

1 Like

You should have seen the back and forths i’ve had on this forum. They were coming at me with torches, and pitch forks. I remember when fans hated Stafford because he never won a playoff game. Goff had a great 8 game stretch, missing the playoffs, and now he is king…lol. Don’t sweat it.

I’ve seen the Stroud, and Goff comparisons. i think they’re bad comparisons tbh. Stroud has a damn talented arm with major accuracy. He throws a damn beautiful ball with just the right velocity, and a quick release. He also doesn’t turn the ball over. I think he’s tougher, and yes he can be mobile. i honestly think Stroud will be up there with some of the best QB’s.

People are going to shove stats in my face for saying this, but Goff isn’t a very accurate passer. And he doesn’t not throw all that well. I’m not saying Goff can’t throw. he’s an NFL QB. What I give Goff credit for is being very efficient. Playing within the scheme, play, and knowing when to throw it away. Same when he was with the Rams.

But you get to a point like the Rams did, and realize they need a better QB. Then they win it the first year…LOL. Same with other teams. Jimmy G can win, and go to the SB, but that doesn’t stop the 9’ers from tradig away the world to try, and to get a franchise QB.

Don’t worry about people attacking you on here. The reality is most lions, and football fans/media agree with us.

But like you said, I hope I am wrong, and Goff wins MVP!

My man! Haha I wish I was on this forum back then. You’re spot brotha, I’m just gonna let it go for now lol I was fighting a damn army :joy:

1 Like