24 yrs clean and sober today

Congrats Amigo

Hell I’d be happy with 24 hours

2 Likes

Damn, bro. I hate opiates, but I get why other people don’t.

Congrats on your time, and congrats to anyone who stays clean. It isn’t easy.

2 Likes

Well done bro. October 2 is indeed special. My dear dad died in hospice this morning. It was his 87th birthday. I was privileged to be by his bedside the past two weeks. Happy he is with his Creator at last. So wear October 2 proud Dead Dog. 24 years is a miracle for sure. I’ll have 25 years three weeks from today. Keep trudging bro

7 Likes

This reminds me: I missed my 10th anniversary of being sober.

I’ll forgive myself: I closed on my first house the very next day. 2 acres, 3800 square feet, country roads. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I’ve been so blessed.

Coming up next week on 8 months of being clean, too, come to think of it.

6 Likes

24 years clean and sober….way 2 go! :100:

2 Likes

Congrats DeadDog. 24 years is a long time but the race isn’t over. We’re proud of you and pulling for you.

2 Likes

Incredible achievement. God is good.

3 Likes

RIP to your father. 87 years is a great long life.

1 Like

Congrats Deaddog

It is amazing what positive changes happen in our life when we decide to live it right and follow gods plan.

Yes feeding our physical cravings feels good but it leaves us empty and without proper nourishment. It is bad calories for the soul.

It is a hard path to face god and be honest with him and yourself.

To 24 more years brother.

2 Likes

Love and prayers for your loss but also a praise!

My first big gift of recovery was me holding my mom’s hand on her last breath…. Clean and sober… and God held me through with a smile and I didn’t relapse

2 Likes

Congrats sister!!

3 Likes

Hugs and prayers buddy. My Pop made it to just shy of 85, and I was glad to be there. He had a lifelong, like 70 year drinking habit and it predictably created a lot of things that should have gone better/differently for everyone in his orbit.

Getting out of those shackles are the best gift you can ever give yourself and your family.

3 Likes

Congrats and congrats!

Great work dude. What an accomplishment.

1 Like

Thank you brother. Appreciate it. I’ve been so incredibly blessed. First, with an unbelievably loving, honorable father. Tremendously grateful for that. Need to keep giving it away in order to keep it

4 Likes

We’ve both been set freed from self-constructed prisons brother. By the grace of God we will never return. Congratulations on receiving the gift and never letting it go.

2 Likes

Indeed it is. Appreciate it brother

2 Likes