#3 Spot

Send a pick to Buffalo for Dion Dawkins who’s an RFA?

People are really talking up okudah. Is he really THAT good? My OSU buddies swear he is better then Ward…

1 Like

Theoretically, you are right. But that assumes a GM is in a position to build for the (non-immediate) future. Ours isn’t. With what we had this year, (with our QB under center) we were good enough to win if our defense was as good. It’s not and it’s a quantum leap away. So IMHO based on this, even the correct pick of elite LT is a luxury for a must win year with Quinn. The defensive talent MUST overcome (yes overcome) the HC’s scheme. It probably won’t happen no matter what we do, but if Quinn is too stupid to know this, then woe be on him. He will find a way to draft a pass rusher with our first pick. Bank on it.

2 Likes

If Thomas is considered an elite LT prospect I’d be more than happy to draft him. It’s been 35 years since the Lions drafted Lomas Brown with the 5th overall pick. Stafford has a back issue…Nuff said.

Obviously pass rush is the #1 need on defense, and you take Young, but there is only one elite pass rusher in the top 10 available this draft. More like top 15 but that is debatable. I don’t want them to trade down that far. I wouldn’t trade any lower than with Miami.

The weeks and months ahead will make everything more clear. To be honest, I had never heard of Thomas before the mock drafts.

Okudah would also be a great choice, especially if they trade Slay. I’d prefer an elite LT but CB1 might be the biggest need after a pass rusher. The trouble is, a rookie CB may not be a CB1 his rookie season.

Sickens me to agree w/this, but I have to. It’s the truth as I see it. Brutal. Need a DC.
Let’s get Austin back from the Steelers.

4 Likes

I had no idea Austin was on the Steelers staff.

2 Likes

Me either - I looked it up, because I know he’s an upgrade, and I was wondering where he was. He’s just an assistant.

I saw the USC-Iowa game tonite,focusing on Iowa’s DE Espensa, RT Wirfs, QB Stanley, & WR Morrisette. Not impressed with Espensa on first impression. While he may very well be stout at the point-of-attack, against a RT on run plays his direction, I fail to see any quickness on his First Step. His bull rush move, while strong, is questionable against NFL RT’s, IMO. Lack of overall speed is another issue. He does possess great size and strength. I’ll give him that…

Wirts is a prototypical RT, who will play for 10 years in the NFL…He’s a Masher!!!..His position flexibility, enabling him to play several positions along the OL, especially LT, is a Big Plus in my mind. If Wirts stays another year at Iowa, commentators said he will be a Top-5 next year. He is DOMINANT!

Senior QB Stanley should get drafted anywhere from #4-6 Round. I wouldn’t be against Quinn using one of his #5 Round Picks on him. He’s 2nd behind the infamous Chuck Long in career yardage. Fundamentally, he looks like a QB that could be developed. Nice touch on balls. Knows what he’s doing out there on the field. Has zip and can throw the sideline out throw with ease.

WR Morrisette was the MVP of the Holiday Bowl !!!..Speedy…All-Purpose, ran back a kick for a TD, scored a TD, And nearly threw another TD on a gadget play. He made some $$ tonite!!..

GOALPOST

1 Like

Interesting reading your post about this because I literally just read an article that says Epenesa ‘dazzled’ and mentions an 8 yard sack and forced fumble specifically, and another article that named him defensive MVP of the game with 2.5 sacks

I didn’t watch the game but was interested in his performance. How often did you notice USC was double teaming him?

I thought it was funny when they put up the stat that the Smith-Marietta guy did something no one else had done in the game since…Derrick Williams - Penn State.

See u guys must not listen, Patricia just said the problem was no inside pass rush or push , witch is allowing teams to chip there DEs and make them infective. So saying there fine is just your opinion. People are pionting to LB and DE, but I think there looking at DT and Safety. These are the positions that’s killing the defense.

2 Likes

That’s what she said!!!

2 Likes

What the f*** is a push witch?

1 Like

Good post.

But what were they infected with?:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Epenesa was one of the best defenders in college football over the second half of the season. His production in the final six games prorates to 24 TFL and 19.5 sacks over the entire season.

He was really disappointing in the first half of the year but then really turned it on. He may not be a blur off the edge but he’s a damn good athlete for a 280-285 pound man. He reminds me a lot of Cam Jordan to be honest. And while his get off may not be breathtaking, he’s got the ability to beat the tackle around the corner via a dip or a rip, has a really fantastic bulls rush (surprised to hear it questioned to be honest), is accomplished with his hand usage to disengage from blocks and is a threat in the run game. He’s clearly my second favorite edge and worthy of a pick in the 10-12 range IMO.

Wirfs is a fine right tackle but he’s just a RT. I don’t think he can be an NFL LT and given that I think he’s a Jawaan Taylor type prospect. I do think he’ll go higher than Taylor did last year but I’d want no part of him any where near the top 5 in any year.

He’s been one of my favorite prospects for a while. He’s not covered by much more talent on that defense and was double or triple teamed on most passing downs

I think three overall is a bit of a reach but if we could trade down to 8-12 and he’s still there, and get a second round pick I’d be very happy

I wouldn’t be unhappy taking him at three. Though I think I’d prefer DT or LT there if Young is gone

I’m not a proponent of grabbing Epenesa at 3. If Young goes at 2, I’d take less than trade chart value to move down. In my novice opinion (excluding the QBs) who’s ratings are going to be highly variable I think it’s Young and perhaps Jeudy and then the next group of Okudah, Thomas, Brown, Simmons, Delpit, Epenesa and Willis. If Wirfs works out well enough to project to LT then he certainly moves into that group but I’m somewhat skeptical of him having the feet of a high end blindside protector.

We really need to root for Tua to come out and get a clean bill of health. If that happens I think we can swing down to 5 and get their second and another day 2 pick in 2021.

If Herbert is still there, we may even be able to down again. As long as we stay in the top 11 or so I think we get a dynamic prospect. The draft also appears to me to be really strong early day 2.

If we draft a WR with drop issues at three overall I’m going to lose my mind

We’re not drafting Jeudy at 3. I probably should’ve grouped him with the second tier to be honest. I think he’s a pretty damn elite WR prospect but I certainly don’t want to go that route

3 Likes

Lionitis

1 Like