3 stats about Goff you may not know

1 Like

That’s because of the media, largely.
His stats tell a much different story.
The media put themselves in the middle of a family quarrel. Gotta take a side, at that point.
No, Goff isn’t Matt Stafford, yet. I don’t think we should hold his youth against him.
He’s been to a Super Bowl, so, he’s clearly capable.
From there, it’s, “any given Sunday”.

Also because how publicly McVey scapegoated him for the offensive struggles

2 Likes

Goff can take us to a Super Bowl. Can he beat some of these loaded AFC teams?
It’s not going to be all Goff, but, I think that can be said of any Super Bowl winning QB that doesn’t win MVP.

3 Likes

We can win with Goff but the Lions have to do something they have never done before. Surround him with talent and build a good team on both sides of the ball!

2 Likes

Even if we never win one, I’d be ok with the 21st century version of the Bills going four times in a row!

Still not first but hey……

1 Like

Oh, have faith!
We could lose 5.:rofl:

I keep agreeing with it.
Some people naturally carry more fear, when it comes to fight or flight response.
Some of that can be gained…and some is innate.
Someone who is an innate warrior responds naturally with “fight” energy.
Someone who is innately a fearful response to confrontation will carry more fear…naturally.

Goff WILL get better. Call it confidence, call it knowing who you are and owning it, call it warrior energy (they all play into this). I have said → he WILL get better.
I have said that 468,000 times too.

Also → Regardless of his talent (goff has plenty), he has more flight response than some…not as much “fight” response as some…natrually.

YES…you can learn and grow from where you show up naturally.

Think of a liter of puppies that are obviously raised in the EXACT same circumstances. One Barks when the doorbell rings, and is ferocious naturally, while others hide in the corner when there’s a loud noise.

Can they learn to not be afraid of their own shadow? Sure.
Is it their nature? No. Not all puppies are created equally…develop as easily, make as good a guard dog, etc.

Some peopel have no fight in them.
Some have no flight.

Also…it’s layers and levels. it’s not either you are zero, or you are 10. Maybe he develops into a 7, over time? One thing I’m certain of, he’s not a level 10 warrior. I feel like the dude already has confidence in his abilities. I feel like he did not have confidence in his teammates.
That will change.

I feel like when faced with pressure, Goff is always going to be average or below.

When kept clean, he’s a MF’n superstar.

1 Like

Please show me the log! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I do not judge him based off 2021 here-past, I’ll judge him based off what he does in his career here or per season/per game basis.

1 Like

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

2 Likes

Well played!

1 Like

Useless numbers dug out of the past solely for the purpose of trying to sell whatever they’re trying to sell.(Goff in this case) As bad as watching a Tigers game.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.