3rd Round, Pick 101: CB Ifeatu Melifonwu (keep it here)

Reminds me of Richard Sherman

2 Likes

Big an fast |Height|6-2| |Weight|200| 40 Time|4.42|

Long, insanely explosive outside corner who can stay with receivers because of good agility too

Drafttek had him ranked at No. 77 overall and 9th best CB:

https://www.drafttek.com/2021-NFL-Draft-Position-Rankings/Top-College-CBs-2021-NFL-Draft.asp

PFF had him ranked at No. 70 overall.

3 Likes

CB Ifeatu Melifonwu
HT 6024 :eyes:
WT 205
Hand 8 7/8
Arm 32 1/4 :eyes:
Wing 78 1/2
40-yd: 4.48/4.49 (10-yd 1.48/1.52)
VJ 41.5 :eyes:
BJ 11-2 :eyes:
SS 4.34
3C 7.01
BP 16x pic.twitter.com/LgCoNrFTPy

— Jim Nagy (@JimNagy_SB) March 19, 2021

3 Likes

Definitely value but I think he’ll be a player for this team. I think he can play free safety too. This is a awesome pick imo

2 Likes

I’m open, and I trust Holmes.
From watching the video, looks like he’s not afraid to tackle. Good explosive closing speed. Like his measurable (that’s what she said). Little bit of nastiness to him. Young ass team with lots of room to grow.

3 Likes

Bom Dia Hello GIF

2 Likes

long arms…I love it. I better version of tracy walker

Long, insanely explosive outside corner who can stay with receivers because of good agility too

could convert to a solid safety?

I’m originally from Syracuse, and a lot of people had great things to say about this dude. Has all the ability and size you’d want. A little raw still, gonna need some time. But man, if this coaching staff is as good as people say they are - then make this kid the next Kenny Golladay. Make this kid your 3rd rounder that turns into a difference maker on the field. Because the potential is there

2 Likes

Someone who’s opinion I trust and refer to loves what Holmes is doing. If they could somehow add Cox and Gillespie tomorrow I’d be over the moon. A little upset at WR neglect but as Bill Walsh once said, the WR room should always be the last to be built.

6 Likes

Kinda reminds me of Amani Oruwariye

3 Likes

The Lions now have two big, long corners in the secondary. And Okudah isn’t exactly undersized either.

How many years ago was that said?

WRs are VERY important in today’s NFL

Big corners with interior pass rush, is like rice with gravy, simply goes together

Gravy goes with everything. Try it, and you’ll love it. Potatoes, sausage, hamburger, various meats, rice.
If Gravy was healthy, I could get real fit…real quick. :wink:

6 Likes

I agree but you don’t build ground up with WRs. The roster needs a complete overhaul. May have to wait on WR to become a top priority.

2 Likes

CBSSports has him T #44!
Very tall CB with enough speed. Me like!