A new backup QB on the way?

5 Likes

That would be an upgrade :+1:

4 Likes

Rudolph is a perfect NFL backup IMO. Like Chad Henne, etc…

2 Likes

He’s already proved last year he couldn’t beat the Lions, but he sure can tie them!! He’s got Lions written all over him. Rudolph helped break the losing streak last year even.

If there is a more punch-able face in the NFL than Boyle’s, it’s Rudolph’s. His part in the Myles Garret fiasco soured me on him forever.

9 Likes

Not my first choice but I’d take him over Boyle and blough. The problem I have with him is he’s looked average at best even with all the good receivers the Steelers have had.

2 Likes

On first blush/reaction, I wouldn’t. I guess it depends in the compensation but on anything more than a 7th, no thanks.

I’m not high on Rudolph.

7 Likes

I’m with you. A 6th is too high. A 7th, OK.
Guess Pickett cemented #2 at least for the Steelers. Be interesting to see if he beats out Trubisky, or whether it takes a little while.

2 Likes

Sign Cole Kelley.

3 Likes

I’d give them a 7th, Rudolph is 5-4-1 as a starter in his career. Neither Boyle or Blough have ever won a game in 8 combined tries.

7 Likes

I’d rather take a chance on him honestly. There’s a shot at upside.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t trade anything more than a 2050 7th round pick for Mason Rudolph, personally.

6 Likes

I would give a conditional pick as compensation that ranges up to a 3rd round pick.

No compensation if he’s cut anytime up to week 6.

7th if he breaks camp and is with the team for the first six weeks.

6th if he sees action in four games and wins half.

5th if he sees action in at least four games and wins four or more.

4th if he starts and wins a playoff game.

3rd if he starts and wins either the NFC Championship game or the Super Bowl.

This is fair compensation, imo, and probably the best offer the Steelers will see.

2 Likes

While Garrett shouldnt have done what he did, Rudolph certainly was not innocent.

2 Likes

Hope we are trading away a player that isn’t making our roster. Giving up a pick for backup QB on a team not expected to make the playoffs is not something I can get behind. If Goff goes down lets just take our high draft pick and move on.

If they wanted a developmental guy they could have grabbed Carson Strong for nothing more than a little cash as an UDFA.

2 Likes

7th in 2025?

2 Likes

Can’t beat ‘em? Join em!

3 Likes

Haha now that is hilarious. I’d give up 50 first rounders for a super bowl victory!

2 Likes

Works for me.

Hey, just like every player has a Super Bowl MVP bonus clause in their contract, I’m just covering the bases. And if by chance that ever did come to pass, I can pretty much guarantee no one would give a rat’s patoot about that pick. Lol. Heck, the fans that didn’t go into cardiac arrest would still be drunk in April.

1 Like