A special appreciation and shout out to all Female members here!

Just in case there was any doubt. We’re all a bunch of pigs.:laughing:

4 Likes

Sam’s had Prime at 3.98 per lb. Couldn’t resist when I seen this fatty. Might be the thickest flat I’ve cooked. It’s cooled substantially so the pic doesn’t do the moisture justice. Perfection.
Even the point looks dry when it really, really isn’t. It’s been resting 8 hours.

4 Likes

Nice bark and smoke ring… Especially on that flat. Are you smoking the flat and point separately?

1 Like

No, sir. I think the amount of fat is the big difference there in the smoke ring.

1 Like

About a month ago, I smoked a brisket and separated the flat from the point Before cooking. My reasoning was sometimes the point gets a little dried out before temperature is reached at the Thickest part of the brisket. After only one Cook I can’t say whether it’s worth it or not to do this. I know most guys don’t. I never have either in my 20 or so previous briskets.

2 Likes

Happy Good Night GIF by mattbag3d hack my thread you turd burglers !

4 Likes

My last Brisket I separated the flat from the point. And I am not sure I will ever go back. I have always had issues with the flat being a bit on the dry side. But this allowed me to pull it much sooner and man what a difference.

I have also started throwing it into an old cooler when done to let it rest.

I di not think I can dry out a point but the flat is always a concern.

The Grinch Heart GIF by The Good Films
Hijack my thread …

1 Like

Still waiting for my sandwich… Ladies…

2 Likes

I thought mine was a little bit more moist as well, but didn’t want to report only on one Cook. Glad it worked out for you. Also good to know that there’s cooks on here who are looking for every edge. I’m in.

So I actually was making something that called out cutting the point off the flat. Maybe we were making chili for some contest. I honestly do not quite remember why I did it. But I cooked the flat and pulled it so much sooner based on the temps. And man what a difference. It was so juicy and tender. I will likely never cook them connected again.

Bonus to the whole thing is the wife does not like fatty meat so she has not been a huge fan of brisket because my smoke job tended to give perfect point (my favorite) and dry flat (her favorite part). So now I am green lighted to buy and cook brisket more because she is now happy. It is so much better I am confused why people do not separate them always.

1 Like

I would lose interest for sure.

What I have learned for sure is to buy the right brisket. If the flat is too thin, I’m not bothering with it. This brisket was ideal. Wish they were all this way. I literally picked through a dozen to get what I wanted.

I’d take Select with the right dimensions over Prime with a paper thin flat.

Words to live by my friend. Words to get tattoo’d on my forehead.

2 Likes

for the record I am playing with different emoji so do not read much into my choices

3 Likes

Wait a sec while I search for the right emoji for your post :wink:

11 Likes

Jman makes a mean BLT. But you gotta sweet talk him into it :joy:

4 Likes

Naked Gun GIF

8 Likes

@Jman

bored waiting GIF

4 Likes

2 Likes

comedy love GIF