Aaron Donald retires

2 Likes

Wowser.

2 Likes

Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

5 Likes

Holy horrible dead-cap batman!

They gotta go after some of that. I mean, this is crazy. No way a guy is worth 90 mil for 2 years. “appreciate what you did, but we need some of that cabbage back”.

This is like a 40 mil hit on the cap. (37,316,668)

2 Likes

I don’t blame him. He has a ring and all of the money that he’ll ever need. Go out with your health intact.

5 Likes

WOW

Holy shit…

They just restructured it, right. I presume with this in mind. Spread it out a bit.

“Donald restructured his contract for salary cap relief in 2024. The Rams converted $13.79 million of salary into a signing bonus. The move saved the Rams $9.2 million in cap room for 2024. That mones is added into the final two void years of the contract.”

Buddy cashed another check and then retired.

(Courtesy OTC, by the way.) Unless I’m reading that wrong… was the restructure LAST year for relief this year? Or, was it this year for this year?

I did read the bonus money wrong. While they are indeed in a cap “situation”, he wasn’t paid 90 mil for 2 years.

Oh damn…

They have 2 options.
Leave the cap hit as it is.

Or by rule. If they want to restructure. They can only spread it out over 2 years. So 31m for 2 years.

Did they know this going into last weekend, or where they too hamstrung by the cap to do anything.

1 Like

It seems like they knew but really couldn’t do all that much about it.

1 Like

His last ever game was a playoff loss to the Lions.

11 Likes

That leaves a massive gaping hole on their Dline now

Very much looking at Newton or Byron Murphy at their pick

That restructure that paid him 13 mil was reported just today.

Dude’s collected over 70 mil to play the last 2 seasons.

Kobie Turner had a great rookie year, though losing Donald would leave a hole for anyone.

My attempt to google the answer to that…

:joy:

OMG this is some of the best schadenfreude that I’ve had in a while.

8 Likes

wowser. rams good offseason just took a crazy turn

5 Likes