Aaron Donald retires

3 Likes

" Needless to say, Donald almost certainly isnā€™t retiring after making this adjustment to his contract, so the Rams are in good shape along the defensive line still.

According to Over The Cap, Los Angeles now has $19 million in cap space, but that doesnā€™t account for the contracts of Colby Parkinson, Darious Williams or Kamren Curl."

You just never knowā€¦.

Biggest up the gut punch of all time

3 Likes

Wooof

Yeah that ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  with their offseason badly now

1st ballott HOF, no question about that.

I loved watching him play, even though he always brought back painful memories of one of the worst draft decisions the Lions have ever made.

1 Like

How many times have I said this:

Don my trust people with two first names!

2 Likes

Maybe we can trade them Onwuzurike for a 3rd. They canā€™t afford a top tier FA and theyā€™re too far down for the top rated DT.

They can always trade away their #1 as they havenā€™t drafted in RD 1 since they drafted Goff.

Original contract restructure was to pay him 95 mil through 3 season (22, 23 and 24) averaging 31,666,667.

Instead, heā€™s collected about 77 at an average of 38.5 mil per season for 22 and 23,

That was for a player that was verbally considering retirement already.

I would vote the Barry Sanders gut punch ahead of it.

This is close though.

7 Likes

As I read an article talking about ā€œThe Barry Sanders Ruleā€. LOL

2 Likes

Bet they would have liked to be in on the DJ Reader bidding!

Always Sunny Thumbs Up GIF

1 Like

Well, to keep my fun with Dall-E goingā€¦ and realizing this LOL is as epic as the confidence our team has infused in the base (or, maybe just me), hereā€™s a fitting response to this situationā€¦

1 Like

I wonder if the Rams will go after his signing bonus . . . if Rod Wood was in charge, they would.

Was that all Tom W or was that a mandate from Martha or Bill Jr.

That was my first thought when I saw the headline on Yahoo.

Doesnā€™t look like it.

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1768670823404163077

1 Like

Wow, according to over the cap, with the option bonus paid, Dead Cap of $23,763,333 in 2024 and $38,526,668 in 2025.

1 Like