Aaron Donald retires

I’d trade Onwuzurike for a ham sandwich.

Yikes.

I believe that’s the 2nd highest dead cap amount in history. 2nd to Wilson

Minor compensation for Mayhew picking E-Drop over Donald.

I wouldn’t. He’s obviously had his injury issues, but he played relatively well when on the field last season.

3 Likes

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

NFC playoff team just got way worse. I like it

2 Likes

$62.3 Million in dead money for 2024:

1 Like

Stafford maybe next year?

Quick call and see if kupp is available lol

See how Kroeneke did St Louis
And how much value Rams gained in the move and stadium

Aaron Donald deserves the full
Signing bonus.

Be interesting to see if they do what Lions did to Calvin as the “right thing”

Still think in terms of shock, Andrew Luck prolly shocked me more, still a stunning retirement

2 Likes

Nah. @Thats2 was right, this is a cooperative agreement between the 2. There was a certain amount of this year’s salary guaranteed by virtue of playing last year, plus more guaranteed if he was on the roster Monday (the 18th). So, it’s likely amicable with a split of the difference.

There is nothing left to restructure.

The options are to have Aaron file retirement paper work

• after June 2nd and spread the signing bonus proration over two years or
  • file it before June 1 and have it all accelerate in 2024.
1 Like

Agree

I think it’s messy to go after a signing bonus. Kinda bad for business if you also are saying this stuff :

Team owner and chairman E. Stanley Kroenke said, “We are so grateful for Aaron’s dedication to greatness and for leading our franchise on and off the field for the past decade. He has left his mark on generations of football fans and his accomplishments, coupled with his work ethic and passion, continue to inspire his teammates, coaches and athletes across the globe. It is a privilege to have witnessed one of the greatest players of all time and we are proud that Aaron Donald will forever be part of NFL history as a member of the Rams.”

2 Likes
3 Likes

First of all, WOW, second of all, he really screwed the Rams with the timing. He couldn’t do this a week ago before free agency? What’s their cap ramnifications now?

1 Like

They knew it was coming.

2 Likes

That’s gonna leave a mark.

1 Like

They’re in trouble. He’s as important to that defense, as Stafford is to the offense

I reserve the right to walk back my comments that the Rams may win the division over the 49ers in 2024 that I made earlier today…

3 Likes

Did they? I don’t recall any rumors of them being in on a DT market that was flooded with good players. You’d think that they’d be filling that massive hole if they knew ahead of time.

2 Likes