Aaron Rodgers is demanding Green Bay fire their GM

@Cynodon - I never pegged you as a “shut up and dribble” guy.

If I were a Pack fan I’d be WAAAY more pissed at that front office than Rodgers. Whatever you think of Rodgers’ personality, look at the last 10 years and tell me which of the two is doing everything humanly possible to bring Green Bay a championship. It most definitely ain’t the front office.

5 Likes

If they had drafted Rodgers another WR weapon last year to pair with Adams instead of trading up to draft a 3rd string QB, they may have went to the super bowl.

Love couldn’t beat out Tim Boyle, who is now our backup QB. So in theory, our backup QB is better than Jordan Love. ha ha

1 Like

Packers needed guys who could block. TB sacked him 11 or 12 times in 2 games…think that’s about how many times he was sacked in the other 17 games they played. TB is a terrible matchup for GB.

Aaron Rodgers playing at Cal took my love of football to another level. Marshawn Lynch was a frosh his junior year, though I never got to interview him (anecdote below).

AR came across as a goofy kid in college and was likable and seemingly modest, but had that fire of wanting greatness. Not sure what happened after college but the first time I saw his diva was when Cal fired Jeff Tedford and he basically blacklisted Cal during those years. Definitely a guy that if you get on his wrong side, you are dead to him (as we see with the GM). I loved watching his ascent to Super bowl but his personality off the field can be hard to watch at times. Love the player, try not to look at the man too much. I do appreciate what he is doing on Jeopardy and he has always been a big donor to Cal and charities.

By then Cal had Goff, the next great QB and I loved his story much more. Grounded and life long Cal fan (his parents both went there too). He’s always shown spectacular character (even in the McVay turmoil). He’s twice been a part of a huge turnaround of programs (and I believe Lions will be his 3rd and most triumphant). Goff is by far the most interesting human sports story for me.

Lastly an anecdote on Marshawn Lynch. I was a sideline reporter at Cal, and he wouldn’t do media sessions or interviews. It seemed very standoffish but I later learned from other players that he was taught as a kid not to trust reporters. He’s loved by everyone in the locker room and has grown into his personality. A lot of people thought he was a jerk early on in his career. Now he is very loved and my all-time favorite player.

3 Likes

Damn logic.

Others have pointed this out, too. Seems like a really unhealthy personality trait.

That being said, the prissy little twerp is maybe the most talented QB to ever play the game.

3 Likes

A few people have come out and said that they had issues with Aaron’s personality when he was being interviewed leading up to the draft. It turned teams off. I think its hilarious because its that cocksure attitude that ultimately helped him survive in Green Bay long enough to become the starter and replace a frickin legend. When you hear people tell the details of what Aaron went thru you realize it would have broke most quarterbacks, and those that lasted long enough would have folded under the pressure of replacing Favre. So its kind of a double edged sword.

At this point its pretty clear that Lynch is just one of those lovable guys and if someone doesn’t like him it just means they don’t know enough about him. I do remember thinking Green Bay had lost their minds when they didn’t pick up Lynch when he was on the trading block. That is just another example of how stupid GB does business, and how they force Rodgers to carry most of the team on his shoulders without much help.

3 Likes

100% this

If I were Packers ownership I’m looking for a new GM. As a Lions fan, I’m hoping Rodgers retires. Knowing your role has nothing to do with it. It’s a power struggle and Rodgers thinks he has more power than the GM and he is probably right. His role is whatever he can carve out for himself.

1 Like

Without actually having an owner, I have no idea how the Packers will work this out.

The funny part is the GM is an idiot and Rodgers is proving it.

2 Likes

They probably have a board of directors or something that handles this stuff

Last seen in Generation X.

1 Like

How is he not known as Kaaron Rodgers at this point?

“Excuse me, I’d like to speak to the General Manager.”

12 Likes

That is flippin hilarious! POTD!

3 Likes

diva shade GIF

4 Likes

Kaaron Rogers Besties with Kaitlin Jenner.

2 Likes

LOL
I generally don’t like the Karen thing, but this reference really made me laugh.

4 Likes

I’d imagine a big part of being a gm is not infuriating the reigning league mvp . It’s gotta be in the front part of the manual at least

2 Likes