About Amon-Ra St. Brown....?

Where was ARSB expected to be drafted? Heck, I live in California and I never even heard of him. Where was he rated for that draft? Did Holmes leap for him or just happy he was still there?

Couldn’t be that highly thought of…what? The 17th receiver taken in that draft?

Maybe not a super sppedster, but runs his routes and catches damn near everything thrown his way. I dig him!

2 Likes

He shouldn’t have dropped to the lions but boy were they happy when he did

Hey thank you very much for this old Walter Camp link! A good read.

Also, an apology for asking a question without googling it.

1 Like

Go to the 26 min mark for brown!!!

1 Like

I remember some people thought he would be a late 2nd round pick… but check this out…

nice call @CuriousHusker

8 Likes

I think ASRB’s fall to the 4th came in large part due to measurables and concern over his ceiling. He’s not particularly large or fast for the position, and I suspect teams thought that he didn’t have much room for improvement. He absolutely kills it on the intangibles though. He was running better routes than most veteran receivers halfway through his rookie season. He catches everything in his radius and plays bigger than his size suggests when DBs try to body him up. His blocking is so good that you never have to take him off the field. None of those things can easily be measured in the underwear Olympics.

4 Likes

While they serve their purpose, the underwear olympics can surely mislead a lot of people.

4 Likes

Also look at the 18:50 mark: ‘we still have the USC kid.’ When they were picking Alim in the third. They played it perfectly - - make sure you get a true NT, and let the WR’s fall to you since there was depth at that position.

4 Likes

I think this chart is a great description of Sun God’s physical attributes on paper relative to the other receivers in his class. One line is supposed to represent speed using 40 time and one line is supposed to represent size using weight. If you switched it up and used height instead of weight, Sun God would be in about the same place. He’s almost the perfect middle average and nearly the center point of the chart in speed and weight. He’s not big, he’s not small, he’s not fast and he’s not slow. He’s just Sun God.

1 Like

So basically, mentally he’s different & that’s how he separates himself from others with like/better athletic ability

7 Likes

There were so many WR ranked ahead of him ‘The Sun God’ became irrelevant. Many mocks had him in the 4th.

So here’s what I’ve been struggling with.

What defensive prospect in this draft is most like that? We need that guy on D.

7 Likes

I can only go back to LY and say “Rodrigo!”

3 Likes

Wonder what kind of jump he’s going to make in year two. Assuming it’ll be a positive one can’t wait to see it

1 Like

I think that guy is Brian Branch.

4 Likes

I enjoyed this laugher from that Walter Football article… How quickly things change!

He should at very least be the fourth receiver and might be an instant starter as the third receiver to go with Tyrell Williams and Breshad Perriman.

Season 5 Finger Guns GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

1 Like

Drew Sanders is one I considered bc like St. he’s been graining for this since he was like 5.

1 Like

I had flashbacks to Marinovich when I read about the way Sanders grew up. Hopefully his dad’s not as much of a taskmaster.

2 Likes

But Drew’s not a QB in LA with a drug problem.

2 Likes