About Amon-Ra St. Brown....?

Yeah, the comparison pretty much ends with the training all life to be an NFL player.

1 Like

A big part of his fall was also how deep that class was in receiving talent.

Derick Hall is kinda like that. He’s got a more convivial personality but on the field he’s a terror. Pretty sure our FO is gonna love him.

I was reminded of Porter Gustin. He had all of the over the top nutrition and sleep stuff as well. His body was breaking down though.

Sydney Brown is another one I thought of. Kind of that stine cold killer type like St.

2 Likes

I’m in love with Sydney Brown and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I really liked what I saw when I was just watching them live, but man when I did a deep dive he rocketed up my board. What I’d give to recreate a lot of last year’s Illinois defense by adding Witherspoon and Brown to Kerby. At the very least you know we’ve watched them all a lot.

I have a feeling he’s gonna crush the Senior Bowl.

4 Likes

Yeah. I brought him up mid year. And I thought I was missing something bc he wasn’t getting any pub. Then Renner starts pounding the table and I think that perhaps I undersold him.

3 Likes

Even Jartavius Martin can play. He’d be a nice day three add. Ryan Walters is an awesome defensive coach.

Sydney was a big track guy in Canada as well so he should do well at the combine.

2 Likes

Recruited him & brother out of HS. Really good people that would pass the no turd policy going on in Detroit w flying colors

5 Likes

Lions are so young it’ll be interesting to watch
In addition to how much turnover
, Especially for other young players coming from draft -
Is how many they can fit on roster?

I wouldn’t be surprised if , with his well Brad Is drafting , the lions cut players might be looking more attractive. Remember James didn’t make roster out of camp , so lions , if cutting draft picks , might have more eyes on their players.

Meanwhile there’s a bevy of young players who might take further steps forward or maybe they’ve reached their ceiling –

Getting younger might not actually help lions for next season if the young talent needs time to acclimate.

1 Like

I remember and I was yeah, I like him but never thought I’d like him this much. There’s just so many guys if you’re not watching them regularly it’s hard to get a real feel until you do a deeper dive.

1 Like

Think about St. Brown, Houston and Rodrigo, all a bit undersized, but all extremely productive college players. Great way to get value late in the draft, props to Holmes not being worried that they aren’t 6’2 or 6’3.

2 Likes

It shows up on tape. He’s got legit juice. He’ll test a lot better than Branch IMO.

I wouldn’t be shocked if by draft day they were drafted around the same spot.

1 Like

I hope he can make the transition from running in metric to running in freedom units.

Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

2 Likes

Meaning you think Syd moves up to round 1? Or do you think Branch tests poorly and slides down.

1 Like

I think they could both end up early-mid 2nd. Last year at this point we were mocking Hamilton top 5 and Linderbaum and Nakobe Dean top ten. Non-elite athletes with average measurables at low value positions tend to drop a lot on draft day.

3 Likes

Haha hopefully he’s not on the Ben Johnson training and supplementation program! And not the Lions OC.

1 Like

Yeah I wish we could have stolen him to coach our DBs before he took the Purdue job…

Purdue’s got a good AD. He wasn’t even moved to go offense after losing an offensive guru. Just wanted the best damn ball coach and IMO made a great hire.