Adopted a cat today

Did you name him in honor of @Dan01 ? :laughing:

1 Like

The world needs more people like you two

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

3 Likes

Demon Weasel, while redundant, is awesome.

Mom’s 4th Maine Coon just passed a few months ago. TBH, happy to see it go. It was time and they were tied to the house caring for it and not traveling because it was psycho. Liked the first 3, 4th was the trouble.

I won’t have another cat, better half is not a cat person and is allergic. I am too, but I put up with it… The two puppos and a turtle is enough. The stepkids have between them 4 dogs 2 cats, a turtle, chickens, ducks, fish. That’s enough.

5 Likes

Ha! A damn pet store, over there. Sounds like how I grew up.

3 Likes

His lasting name has been Demon Weasel or Wheezey for short. George Jefferson would be proud

5 Likes

Demon Weasel also loves to play fetch. Mostly with his flattened mouse toy and cat nip banana

2 Likes

The small victories between my old cat and the stray weren’t cutting it anymore. Because the old cat could not tolerate having another cat around, I sent the stray to my parents. It’s not the first time I have found a stray cat that ended up with them.

Our older dog gave us a scare recently with a pinched nerve. Until it responded to medication, we couldn’t be sure that she didn’t have a spinal tumor. At least we can cross that off the list. Her kidney function seems to be declining though, so we will likely put her on a special diet to slow down that process. She’ll have another kidney panel drawn in the next few weeks to confirm what they saw in her last blood work. Hopefully we get good news with that, but 12 is pretty old for a rottie mix.

The kid has somehow gotten in her head that the best pet in the world would be a rat. She goes full court press about getting one every time she gets a chance to bring the topic up. I’m not opposed to a rat, but I think we have enough going on with our current pets right now. I also have to wonder how happy a rat would be with our rodent-eating cat constantly hanging around its cage.

3 Likes

weezy

5 Likes

Beautiful cats and kitten!!! Awww… makes me miss my old guy… that is awesome and thank you for posting the pictures! Beautiful

1 Like

A pretty accurate description of my wife. And its extra funny to me because I know I’m only half kidding.

4 Likes

The little furball keeps getting bigger.

4 Likes

Has ‘Kneecap’ been suggested yet?

My name is Dan. That won’t get him far. Sorry, but it just won’t.

1 Like

[quote=“TNutZz, post:1, topic:11179”]
What should I name him?
[/quote

mávros
It means “black” in Greek

1 Like

Stop looking at me like that!!!

:scream:

1 Like

Lucky!

This cat reminds me of my cat Mason. My wife and daughter went out shopping and stopped at my dad’s house and saw the kittens he had in his barn. Low and behold they came home with Mason. My dad passed away in 2017 and we had to put Mason down in 2019 due to health issues. My dad was a carpenter and did a lot of work in his pole barn. As a result Mason was absolutely unfazed whenever I used a hammer or pneumatic tools. He would wander up to see what was going on. He was a great little kitty.

2 Likes

And our little cat has grown.
As for the home zoo we had a few turtles, a bird, fish, hedgehogs and of course dogs and cats.
People who love animals are normal to me, those who fear them or hate them are a little weird to me.
So who wouldn’t love Lions.
I almost forgot to mention the dog.
After all, she is the biggest Lions fan.

3 Likes

Today was a gut punch. All of the progress our older dog Della made over the last few weeks came undone overnight. We had her put to sleep today. I think we’re still a little in shock over how quickly she declined, but it was obvious she was dying. The last thing we wanted was to let her suffer.

That’s just part of having a pet though. The only bad thing about dogs and cats is that their lives are so much shorter than ours.

This picture from 2015 is one of my favorites of her. She was grown, but still a puppy at times.

Della, May 2015

This was from 2018, when she had settled into the life of an older dog. She was less active but still a sweetheart.

Della, September 2018

8 Likes

Sending love, bro. Not fun. Maddelynn transitioned about 2 years ago, and Meishka will be any time now. (they are mom and daughter)

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that, bro.
I lost my best friend (had to put him down) probably close to 10 years ago. I couldn’t even think about getting another pet after that until just last year.

When I used to salmon fish in Oscoda years ago there was another boater (never met him) whose boat name was Demanding Bitch. So, as you’re ship-to-shore is monitoring chatter, you’d hear his buddies calling out “Demanding Bitch, Demanding Bitch, so-and-so calling”. It was funny to hear. Well, this last year I brought an Australian Shepherd home. Dealing with her sometimes, I can hear those radio calls echoing in my head. :slight_smile:

4 Likes