Allen Robinson and Marcus Williams?

I think adding a WR like Robinson allows the Lions to look in rounds 3 and beyond for WR depth.

Then they can concentrate on the defense with the first 3 picks.

3 Likes

Williams, yes.
Robinson, no.

2 Likes

If we grabbed Robinson, Skyy Moore would be very intriguing to me, IMO. That or maybe Jameson if he slips to the Rams first.

Robinson is the perfect 2-3 years stop gap solution to me. Gives us options in the draft as well. I think right now, we HAVE to take a WR with one of our first three picks. Robinson gives us flexibility like you mentioned.

1 Like

Cooper just doesn’t strike me as a Dan Campbell kind of guy. I think he gets very disinterested at times, and lacks effort on a down to down basis.

I personally would be fine getting Chark as I believe he is the best bang for your buck in the FA WR class (assuming he doesn’t sign for 10+mil). Just out of curiousity though, why are you so down on Robinson.

I’ve been banging the table for Skyy Moore the most out of anyone on this board.

He has WR1 potential.

1 Like

I like him a lot as well. I personally believe we need one WR who can be relied on in any situation. Someone who you can throw it up and know he will come down with it more often then not. Someone who is 6’2"+ who can be a threat in the red zone. Then I think we need a guy who can really fly. Someone who can take a bubble screen the distance or can just run right by you on a go route. Sky Moore is the latter. If we went DJ Chark in FA, I’d much rather target a London/Burks type of WR, whereas if we get Robinson I would prefer a Jameson/Moore type of WR.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say I am down necessarily. If he signs great, I don’t like his age and what he could potentially ask for. Think Cooper is the more talented of the two. I agree he isn’t a MCDC guy, and ultimately don’t want him…but if you are going to get a wr I guess he would be my preference.

We got a few days to see what we do.

@Thats2 has also been very pro Sky Moore since the fall.

3 Likes

Thats very reasonable. IMO, Copper is the more talented player, but Robinson is much more consistent on a down to down basis. I personally would prefer the consistency.

I personally believe his age isn’t an issue on a short term deal. I personally would be against a 5 year 80mil deal for Robinson. That is too much money on a long term commitment for him. A three year deal in the 45mil range though? Give him his guarantees up front with a low signing bonus, that way by year three we could get out of his deal with little dead money if hes not performing. Something like

3 years, 45mil, 30mil in guarantees. That includes a 10mil signing bonus and a fully guaranteed year one base salary and a fully guaranteed year 2 salary for injury only.

Year 1 7mil fully guaranteed base salary
Year 2 13mil base salary guaranteed for injury only
Year 3 15mil base salary

Cutting him in 2024 would free up almost 12mil in cap space with a little over 3mil in dead money.

1 Like

I would happily take either Robinson or Cooper. Though Cooks for a 3rd is still my favorite path forward if it’s possible as you get Goff familiarity, a reasonable (13m) 2022 cap number and payroll flexibility after this year.

How about Sammy Watkins he has played with Goff Should be alot cheaper if that’s what you want.

Watkins can’t stay on the field. We need guys who will be available.

These are two positions in which I think we can find talent in the draft on day 2 or 3. I’d rather not spend big in free agency. Instead, I’d get cheaper options like Chark (25) and Diggs (29). I think Diggs might give us a break and would right a wrong. If not Diggs, I’d kick the tires on Peppers. In a couple years, if Brad is worth his salt, our day 2/3 selections pass these guys on the depth chart.

1 Like

You just discibed 1/2 the league.

Watkins hasn’t played a 16 game season since his rookie season. Hes missed 20 games over the past four seasons, but played in at least 10 every one of those years. So he is constantly in and out of the lineup which is terrible for chemistry.

I’d rather spend the money on someone with a better track record, IMO.

Your not gonna get a player with his talent that stays healthy for a bargain price if you want a perfect player you better be prepared to over pay. If you want a bargain player he will have some flaws.

You asked the other day why I didn’t like him with our 2nd round pick and I forgot to answer.

I see a good WR but I just don’t see “it” with him. There’s not a play where I went “wow” that I’ve seen.
He’s fast but his 34.5" vertical explains his lack of explosion. Cooper Kupp didn’t have much of a vertical but his 3-cone and short-shuttle were a lot better than Moore’s and that’s what I want, someone who can get in and out of his cuts quickly.
Sorry, I see a 3rd or 4th round WR…maybe I’m wrong but again, I just don’t get the love for him.

Draft prospect Skyy Moore draws intriguing Lions-related comparison

by Brad Berreman6 days ago Follow @bradberreman24

Skyy Moore is on the rise after a strong combine performance, and he has drawn an intriguing Lions-related comp.

College football fans in the state of Michigan are surely somewhat familiar with Western Michigan wide receiver Skyy Moore. There’s even a chance the Detroit Lions take him in April’s draft.

Moore had a big final season in Kalamazoo, with 95 receptions (ninth in FBS) for 1,292 yards (second in the MAC) and 10 touchdowns (tied for first in the MAC). Over a 10-game stretch last season, he posted 89 catches for 1,234 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Moore has been an interesting draft prospect all along. Then he did quite well at the NFL Combine this week, with a 4.41 40-yard dash, a 10-foot-5-inch broad jump and a 34.5 vertical, while measuring 5-foot-9 and-a-half and 195 pounds with 10-and-a-quarter-inch hands.

Moore’s game tape paired well with what he did in on-field combine drills, which prompted NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah to make a declaration.

Skyy Moore draws intriguing Lions-related comp

Kent Lee Platte is a must-follow for football fans on Twitter during draft season, and any other time really. As combine workouts are completed and official results come out, he posts each prospect’s Relative Athletic Score (RAS). At times he posts comparables from the past, which can be interesting, have a team-related angle or both.

For Moore, the comp is Lions-related and intriguing all at once.

Golden Tate is one of the best free agent signings in recent Lions’ history. He had at least 90 catches in all four full seasons he spent in Detroit (2014-2017), with over 1,000 yards three times. He was an after-the-catch stud, which as Platte cited makes it hilarious (and interesting, as a practical football application) that he didn’t do well in agility drills (3-cone, shuttle) at the 2010 combine.

Moore and Tate are remarkably similar in many of the metrics used to come up with their RAS, right down to the 3-cone and shuttle times. Moore is definitely hoping to have a long career like Tate, as the latter looks for his next opportunity in 2022.

Give me Allen Robinson, Sky Moore and St. Brown and I’m happy with our top three. Would love to even grab a gadgety guy like Calvin Austin in the mid rounds. Throw is Josh Reynolds and Cephus as depth and we have the makings of a very good group.

2 Likes