Amon Ra is that guy

If Tate and Ward had a love child it would be Sun God

4 Likes

Great call on Heinz Ward.

Woooord.
Very different animals.
Both are bringing some nasty-ass shit, but in very different ways!

1 Like

I can see that

ARSB is built from exemplary efficiency and dedication to his craft. This will allow him to overcome many/any limitations he might have. He will out prepare, out work anyone and out “chip-on-his-shoulder” anyone, which are his keys to success. The kid is just a different breed. As much as I loved Megatron, if ARSB had CJ’s natural God-given athleticism, we’d be looking at a 2.0 version of CJ and it wouldn’t even be close.

ARSB, hard to believe what he is doing is sustainable but man, what a run he’s having

I feel like everyone is sky high right now for a 1-1 team
But … there’s so much room for optimism

Interesting test Sunday
Go Lions!

1 Like

Not saying ARSB will have as great of a career or even the longevity as the guy described below, but I see similarities.

He didn’t need to do everything well, just certain things.**He had to run precise patterns; he had to evade the defenders, sometimes two or three, who were assigned to cover him; he had to outjump them to catch the ball and outmuscle them when they tried to strip it away; then he had to outrun tacklers. So he focused his practice work on exactly these requirements. Not being the fastest receiver in the league turned out not to matter. He became famous for the precision of his patterns. His weight training gave him tremendous strength. His trail running gave him control so he could change directions suddenly without signaling his move. The uphill wind sprints gave him explosive acceleration. Most of all, his endurance training — not something that a speed-focused athlete would normally concentrate on — gave him a giant advantage in the fourth quarter, when his opponents were tired and weak, and he seemed as fresh as he was in the first minute. Time and again, that’s when he put the game away.

Yeah, that was Jerry Rice. Again, not directly comparing the actual receivers’ outcomes, but I am comparing the work ethic, dedication and desire to be the best that is/was in both of them. It will not last forever, but if ARSB gets half of Rice’s 20 years near the level at which he is currently playing, this team will be blessed.

6 Likes

Really great point and find. Here’s hoping!

1 Like

For all those mentioning the Golden Tate comparison…here’s a tweet from Tate himself. He’s taking notice to the Sun rise in Detroit.

St. Brown response to Tate’s tweet.

4 Likes

How much of this does St. Brown get from his father.

2 Likes

It’s probably just coincidence; his dad doesn’t even look like he gets off the couch to get his own beer. :wink:

■■■■ yeah!
Fellas, this is really cool…the brotherhood isn’t just players on the team anymore.
Former players are part of it, and it’s going to expand like crazy.

It’s becoming a very cool thing to be a Detroit Lion.
Free agents are going to be flocking in and lining up to play for this team soon.
Dan Campbell is the MF’n man!

LOVE Ra!

3 Likes

William Jackson ran 4.37 in the 40…

1 Like

What this picture tells me -

Amon-Ra has the genetic profile of Deion Sanders and the Incredible Hulk.

The NFL was not prepared for this creation…

2 Likes

Hahahaha that is a perfect description of his dad in that picture

He’s “The Sun God” from now on.
CJ’s superhero name was Megatron.
When Amon Ra suits up, he is The Sun God!"

Plus, I’m going to start the “Ra!” chant in the stands every time he makes a big play.
Can you imagine 60,000 Lions fans roaring “Raaaah!” every time he smokes the other team.
“You want a fun god, then choose the Sun God, Ra, Ra, Ra-Ra-Ra!”

1 Like

That’s why I call him Ra

1 Like

The best part of this pic is his hair. Even Natty cannot deny the power of Soul Glo…
soul let GIF

5 Likes

Haha! Truthfully, I LOVE IT, when ppl are their authentic selves.
When I see someone with wild-ass curly blonde hair, Afro, or whatever…if it looks more authentic than fishing for attention, and it “Looks like them,” then I love that!

To me it feels like ppl celebrating themselves. Authenticity is my favorite thing. The world needs more of it.

In closing…
Bald guys RULE!!!

He became the first receiver in NFL history to go six straight games with that many catches and at least one score.

That’s an NFL record.

1 Like