Amon Ra is that guy

Nah, Diggs is more explosive down the field. Amon Ra is a smaller Cooper Kupp. Always getting open without the elite athletic traits, sure handed, lots of YAC. Before long, we’ll.hsve Kupp and Moss on the field, no pressure Amon Ra and Jamo :wink:

4 Likes

John Brown looks like he’s boiling over. I think him and Swift’s dad could have beat some ass together back in the day. I don’t think you were allowed to coast in their houses.

St Brown is OUR Kupp.

2 Likes

Someone mentioned Hines Ward in this thread & I can definitely see that. Don’t quite see Kupp except that he seems to get it done like Kupp does, meaning, catches the ball. I mentioned Diggs because they are built similarly. But I don’t disagree that Diggs is more of a deep threat…way more of a deep threat right now.

I mean Kupp in terms of playmaking ability and usefulness, not exact physical look-alike.

1 Like

Ok gotcha!

this is a good take when ypu think about a WR that isn’t gonna run a 4.4 in the 40… but he works harder than almost everybody to be a pro’s pro…. is a physical beast…. and knows how to lean into guys covering him to create separation any time he needs to do it.

He had a few routes on Sunday where he adjusted his speed and created space just by making the DB think he was going a different direction…. and it looks so easy…. but he is setting it all up.

Amon also had at least 1 catch where he showed the awareness to press the DB vertical… and just waited until that DB flipped his hips enough before he made his break inside to get open.

He must be watching a shit ton of film… or has a natural IQ… but he is clearly seeing the game in slow motion already.

4 Likes

I think he’s a High IQ WR. Larry Fitzgerald is another cerebral WR who used his football IQ to compensate for loss of pure physical talent in his later years.

1 Like

I add only this, because everything else has been said. Long list of qualities both on and off the field for ASB.

For me, I LOVE that he has fun putting the block / chip on guys three times his size. Can’t teach that type of enthusiasm and drive. The man takes his aggression from being the 17th WR drafted and takes it out on LBs.

4 Likes

Huge reason our run game has been so productive. The WR’s have been blocking down field. You don’t get 50+ yard gains on the ground without WR’s blocking down field. Amon-Ra is a big part of that.

3 Likes

Just adding to the theme of the post:

4 Likes

He’s like Kupp, but not as fast…and better at blocking.

JaMoss will create even more space for this dude.
Ra will throw blocks that spring JaMoss for HUGE plays…I promise. Gonna take the entire offense to adjust to how fast JaMoss is though…you can’t prep for that without actually seeing it, so the timing may take awhile. OL has to give Goff enough time to step into those deep balls that are gonna be there…and a lot of it is created by Ra and the run game up front.

Loving this shit.

2 Likes

I really don’t expect Jameson to have a major year 1 impact. Him and Goff haven’t been able to develop any chemistry and its going to take him some time to get in football shape. Barring major injuries to the WR group, I don’t see Jameson getting more than 50% of the snaps at WR even towards the end of the season.

Now regardless, teams will still have to respect his speed when hes on the field so that should open thing up for the rest of the offense. I would expect to see a lot of bubble screens, crossers, quick slants, go routes, and post routes.

I could see like 30 receptions for 400-500 yards and 2-4 TDs year one.

2 Likes

However, once we get into the Playoffs, and Jamo is getting ‘up to speed’, look out!

3 Likes

He’s like Kupp but he’s our Kupp. And our Kupp runneth over

2 Likes

This could be true.
IMO, all we need to do is keep him healthy for long enough not to re-aggrivate…and he’s going to be “Moss Light”

1 Like

Hahaha! Yup. I can see their paths being very parallel.

1 Like

Didn’t read the whole post, so sorry if this is a repeat, but St. brown is faster than Hines Ward and Cooper Kupp – .see below.
Game speed of 21.09 - 7th fastest in the league!!

Innnnnnnteresting. He got caught from behind lsat week on a long one. Maybe it’s an endurance thing?
I 100% trust him to study himself and get better.
I 100% truth him to work with young WRs we bring in too.
This dude is going to be a coach on the field, a leader not only in the WR room, but on the TEAM as well.

I think JaMoss will actually have more talent, but the way Ra shows up for the team is as important, if not more. His presence and energy on this team are value beyond measure. Pay this guy!

I think Ra will Bring a Tom Brady-asA-WR presence. He’ll help the young dudes.
JaMoss will fight equally as hard, but a bit less of a coach.
These dudes will grow together and make e/o better.
This is gonna be sick!