Another argument for Bijan

Neither were successful. They sucked and won nothing.

1 Like

You got me there. I am reffering to total team contribution. How many years do they play at an elite,solid,or shit level. How many games did they not produce? I took 3 graduate level statistics classes at Michigan so my math brain tends to over rule my want to see Bijan in Detroit… considering the data that i am presented with.

Ps i have been drinking so no disrespect intended

2 Likes

Probably not. I just loved watching Dalvin at FSU.

Take every single position and run the same data. Otherwise you are just judging the RB data by how you “feel.”

I have started my notes to put together a thread you are going to love. Its data driven. I am a football junkie and info nerd so I have gotten bored more than a few times over the years and went on crazy missions. There is a reason I can tell you that only once in NFL history has all 3 of the first 3 QBs who were taken in a draft gone on to become a franchise QB for the team that drafted them. And that is using the term “franchise QB” loosely as a guy that leads his team in passing for 4-6 consecutive seasons. Even given some wiggle room for injuries (like Matt Stafford), it doesn’t make a difference. When you see the first 3 QBs come off the board, you can giggle knowing at least one of them is going to bust. And more likely than not at least 2 of them. The year that all 3 hit, actually hit pretty big. It was Eli Manning, Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger. Its an even bigger oddity that the one time all 3 of the first 3 QBs drafted went on to become franchise QBs for the team that drafted them…was a year where technically Manning and Rivers were not drafted by the first team they played for.

1 Like

We all know that QBs are over drafted due to positional value and therefore have a high bust rate. RBs are under drafted in the 1st round and still have a high bust rate. I want neither in the 1st round.

Did you know there is high bust rate on tackles?

Yes, but a lower bust rate and double the career length.

Did you actually do the math? Or is this more of how you “feel?”

Interesting bust rate article that’s been floating around for a while

Which Positions Are the Safest, Riskiest at the Top of the NFL Draft? >

interesting stuff, to be sure.
TE in second place for pro bowl likelihood …AAaaaahhhhh. LOL
All ppl chosen by Holmes will have a higher likelihood of making it because

1. he’s friggin awesome at recognizing talent
  2. we are AMAZING @ developing talent (context)
  3. the environment is highly conducive to success, as other players execute, so you only have to worry about your job, & not having to overcompensate for someone else’s mistakes/short comings (context)

We have a really good thing going in Motown.

Bingo I’ll bet the DE success rate isn’t that good for all the ones taken at the top seems I remember a lot not making it.

Just like people now , you see a lot saying ok I’ll take Breese but not because he’s a top 5 pick or talent, but because his position value meets there code and they can’t find a player that’s actually worth it. So now there trying to go back and put Breese there. Ive seen him fall as far as a 2nd Rd. It’s like taking Levi at #6.

1 Like

I’m nowhere near qualified to make that call

100% yes - I have to admit I LOVE defensive tackle & my supposition of what that would do for our team. hahahah. I’ve been wanting to replace Suh for what feels like 20 years. LOL

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.