Anthony Richardson Combine workout

I caught that too? I was like WTH?? Their games are nothing alike.

3 Likes

Setting all things aside……

take a second to appreciate the athleticism of these 2 guys.

Wow.

2 Likes

In other words, those that aren’t interested in blowing smoke = 4th round evaluation.

Those trying to manipulate someone into taking them early = 1st round evaluation

We saw the same EXACT thing last year with Willis.

1 Like

Crazy athletic player and that’s why he’s being talked about as a possible 1OA.

His actual play is why he’s being talked about as a 4th rounder.

I get why people are so split on the guy.

I am sure the Lions have done their homework on him

4 Likes

Let’s keep in mind that a ton of championship QBs had crap RAS scores. I would say RAS is a poor predictor of championship success for a QB

1 Like

Let’s keep in mind that the rules in the NFL have changed…
hitting QBs is difficult now… and that benefits athletic QBs.

It will be interesting to see how many “non-athletic “ QBs have playoff success now that Brady is retired and won’t be skewing the stats :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Wow, Ben Johnson would call plays with him an Goff out and Sewell get the catch.

Incredible traits from AR, some GM will fall in love with that.

His scores are impressive, but the number one most important thing a QB needs to be successful is their brain - their ability to learn the playbook, read coverages, make split second decisions, be consistent and accurate with their throws, be a leader, be a grinder etc.

Everyone knew this guy was an excellent athlete already, he shouldn’t be moving up any boards having confirmed it.

If he’s interviewing well, and showing the kind of intelligence and work ethic that elite QBs have, then THAT should be pushing him up draft boards.

1 Like

That’s the issue with super athletic QB’s at the first sign of pressure or when I play breaks down, their fist instinct is to run.

But Non-Mobile QB’s don’t have that option so they’re forced to stand there make a quicker read and deliver the ball. Their first instinct is to throw the ball. The best ones learn a skillset called pocket presence. They learn to slide and move in the pocket just long enough to deliver the ball or to throw it.

4 Likes

I don’t think this is very accurate at all, with a perfect RAS. He is not dropping in to the 3rd or 4th. Not a chance in hell.

2 Likes

The weird thing about Richardson is you will see him bail a clean pocket but you’ll also find plenty of film of him skillfully manipulating the pocket and delivering a pass. Just about everything you want to see from a QB is already in his film.

2 Likes

No. Malik completely ducked the combine. Richardson did most of the events. Although he skipped agility which probably means he didn’t think that was a strength.

1 Like

I was referring to the bombs he was throwing.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Stroud is the first QB taken but I don’t think AR will be.

2 Likes

Can you imagine trading all the way up to 1 and the numberous 1st round picks usually involved with that just for your team to take Anthony Richardson who probably belongs in the 4th round? Oh boy, heavy drinking that day.

2 Likes

Let’s be honest, many a QB selected in the top 10 has failed or been mediocre. The game revolves mostly around a QB. You can’t be afraid to take one, or you will never have one! We are not going to be picking in the top 10 and the cost of moving up is crazy. I think we have the luxury of having Goff for 2 more years so a QB on a rookie deal, with 2 years to see if he has “IT”, would not be a crazy move. At worst convert him to a TE, we like drafting those early. Right???

The Lions went to 5 Florida games and have interviewed the kid so they do have some interest. I won’t be upset if Holmes takes a chance on him at 6. To be honest I don’t think he will be available then.

3 Likes

The Chiefs and Bills both had their picks in the 20’s when they made moves to get Mahomes and Allen. Its not an issue to go get a guy. Its just a matter of identifying the right one.

1 Like

All of these really big athletic QBs have had really short careers: Culpepper, Cam Newton, even Andrew Luck. They think because they’re bigger they can run over people, but eventually they go down. Ben Roethlisberger was the exception, he lasted a while. Big Ben was a passer though who held onto the ball a long time, he was not a runner.

1 Like

Can someone do a TE RAS for AR?

Richardson is a top 10 pick, question is if you want a more ready qb, or if you do still need to build for a couple more years. If a couple years, hes liikely your guy. Again some of his biggest issues are fixable.

Arguably, panthers, falcons have decent olines and weapons that can help alot

I know falcons are in the LJ stakes, but he fits their system

2 Likes