Anthony Richardson Declares for the NFL Draft

All i know is we sent a bunch of our staff to like 5 of his games this year…

2 Likes

Yes we did.

I totally get the concerns about Richardson, but I think the Lions are a good fit for him. In terms of development and style of play. I think he needs a play action team which we are. And I think we are in a position to let him develop. I think his problems are more with consistency than actual inaccuracy or having to switch positions. No way this dude switches positions.

I also think they could be looking at this RG at Florida too. I did a mock the other day and took Jalen Carter, then traded down a little and took O’Cyrus Torrence with our 2nd rounder in the twenties. I really liked that mock.

1 Like

I don’t see much difference between Richardson and Joe Milton. Neither one of them belongs anywhere near the first round of a draft.

6 Likes

All teams are play-action teams unless something is broken, IMO. If you have a good run game and don’t use it to set up the pass, you don’t belong in the NFL. If you’re not using play-action in your pass game, it’s likely because nobody respects your run game (i.e. it’s broken).

The lions are also high in their OG Torrence and LB MILLER……I do like AR15 a lot………

1 Like

Oh well. At least Florida has a good back-up ready to… er, nevermind.

1 Like

Rattler is a bit of a headcase that I’m not sure would be the best fit for the culture we’re trying to build.

2 Likes

He is big, durable and runs ok but I don’t think his accuracy will ever be good. Plus he throws too many picks. Gotta be a brave GM to buy a room on the Titanic. Nobody coach or GM will survive the losses it will take to maybe get lucky.

Maybe it is his confidence but his actions don’t match up. However late 3rd or 4th why not.

1 Like

Rattler is a competitor who loves football. He will fit in fine. I know where you are coming from. But at the same time, I think he will be okay with the right team.

Are you making a DeShaun Watson NFL comp here?

People have done the math and a kid getting to his 2nd contract earlier matches or exceeds what he could potentially get if he went earlier in the draft. And getting to the 2nd contract faster also increases the kids chances to get to a 3rd contract from an age standpoint. The money used to be so insane that it was worth every second in college football if you could get taken earlier. But once the rookie wage scale came into play, getting to the 5th year option or the 2nd contract earlier makes a ton of sense.

3 Likes

At least we still have our bridge QB who has proved himself to be more than that.

The next 5 games with effective running and Jamo/Chark speed threats might could revive 2017/2018 Goff–which Brad Holmes had faith in and Sean McVay threw to the curb. Thank you, Boy Wonder!!

I know where you’re coming from too but to me Rattler strikes me as having a similar temperament to Josh Rosen, a top 10 draft pick who became a total draft bust and is out of the league due, in large part, to the mental aspects of his game as well as his ability to get along with his teammates / coaches.

2 Likes

Hard to imagine Daboll and the G Men passing on him.

1 Like

We agree to agree! He’s got a flaw that might cost him his career.

Twitter embeds now fixed.

10 Likes
2 Likes

The Colts if they can hire Harbaugh would be a good spot for AR as well. Daboll and NYG are still the most obvious fit though.

YES!!!

Thank you!

This is good stuff. I hope ya’ll take the time to watch it.

1 Like

Totally agree, in fact Richardson doesn’t even belong in the 2nd round. He may be athletic and show glimpses but man is he inconsistent. His footwork sucks for throwing

1 Like

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like