Anthony Richardson Declares for the NFL Draft

That’s assuming he’s good enough to get a second contract. Also assuming it’s starter money and not journeyman prospect money.

1 Like

So you are saying the kids should plan to suck. Got it. I am still having trouble trying to reconcile a player that plans to suck having faith that he’s going to be so awesome that he’s going to drastically improve his draft stock.

2 Likes

Agree

No worries.

Chase Daniel has sucked for 14 years… and made $41.8 million.
And he didn’t have to be “good” to get a 2nd contract……
…… or even a 7th contract.

1 Like

The fact he declared means he’s likely being told he has a good chance to go round 1.

If he makes it to round two he may not make it to our pick.

All depending on how he does at the combine.

1 Like

Kids are leaving these days if they are going to be drafted at all, doesn’t matter if it’s round 1. Mid round prospects leave early every year.

Huge difference.

But AR15 should have gone back to school for another year of developing. The positives are that he got better at the year went along and the biggest games of his season (minus the Georgia game/ hurt in the first play of the game) we’re also the best games of the season for him. He needed another year of seasoning. He is a project w super high upside. But like he should start right away. He might need 1-2 years of development. If Detroit were to decide to take him….you would want him sitting for at least a year if not two……he wouldn’t be better then Goff……

2 Likes

Honestly, there is no reason to take a QB in round 2. Especially when it comes to raw talent like Richardson. You want that 5th year on the deal that only first rounders get so that by the time he develops you still have some time before you give him a giant contract.

He’s either going in round 1 or he’ll drop to round 3 or later IMO. I don’t see any world where he drops that low. Too much talent.

I cannot wait to find out where this year’s QBs end up. Such an interesting bunch.

QB-needy teams will “fall in love with” certain prospects, or even non-QB-needy teams will fall in love with certain characteristics. The league showed more restraint than I can ever remember last year, especially in contrast to the previous year’s draft, which included the Trey Lance pick.

Is this going to be a rebound year where 5 guys end up in the 1st or will they all be cool on this year’s group?

If y’all could shoehorn Pickett into this year’s QB class, where would he rank?

Did you watch the Florida/Florida State game? I sure wouldn’t say that was one of his best games of the season. In fact that game tended to turn me off on him some and before that game I was thinking he would be a 1st round pick for sure. Not so sure now.

1 Like

If I had to guess, Pickett would probably be somewhere behind the top 4 of Young, Stroud, Richardson, and Levis. He’d probably be vying for the 5th spot with Hooker pre-injury. A lot can happen between now and the draft though.

Yeah, me too. I like every single one of these top 4 guys but I’m having more trouble than usual getting past their flaws. Like Stroud could turn out to be an amazing NFL QB for all I know, but he hasn’t given me that warm fuzzy when its crunch time. He looks scared rather than composed and determined. He has a real chance to up his stock with the 2nd life the playoffs gave OSU. Young, its about his size and more distinctly its about his frame for me. Could be a nothing burger (I’m apt to think so). but its hard for me to shake the thought of a 5’10 QB surviving in the NFL. The Doug Flutie/Drew Brees types are rare birds. Kyler is even different with his build although short. Levis looks to be a really good prospect but has underwhelmed. Richardson is my guy but I would fully admit he is so raw its a real projection (although I think people think he is less skilled than he really is - see Waldman video above). He needs reps badly.

1 Like

I think the bottom line is that other teams are more hungry for a QB solution than we are. It’s unlikely that AR will fall enough to make selecting him a good value for us. And Brad cuts out coupons when he goes shopping during the draft.

3 Likes

That dude would definitely win Supermarket Sweep.

1 Like

With Richardson I’m getting flashbacks of the Willis hype.
Not that they’re the same quarterback AT ALL, but still.

I actually think it’ll be the opposite of Willis. The fans had Willis top 5. The scouts never did (as we learned later). With Richardson, well see. But the fans (me being a small minority who sees it different) seem to think he is overrated. It wouldn’t shock me if Richardson goes top 5 or so when the dust settles.

I never wanted Willis. I do want Richardson.

2 Likes

Richardson = arguably the most overrated prospect on this board. Might be even more overrated than Sewell’s brother is here

Richardson could go late 1st for a team thats looking for developmental QB

dont know who that would be (Maybe Seahawks, but they are similar to us in that they need alot of pieces on that D)

1 Like

He is definitely polarizing.

1 Like

I would have Pickett 2nd after Bryce Young in this draft.

1 Like

I did not. That weekend was a blur as I was in a childrens hospital w my little girl. But I watched every single game of his before that for the last 2 years.Truth be told I stopped following him closely after my one buddy said he was out on him for some of the reason mentioned. But he isn’t Milton. We suffered through Milton. The crazy thing is he is what people were thinking Willis was……he is a far more polished qb then Willis. The stats do show constant improvement who has limited college qb experience. He is very coachable As well. My buddy isn’t out in him as a player and we all think he could be good at some point……out on him for the lions. The thought process is also don’t waste a pick on a development qb……build that defense and get guys like carter and when it’s time do what you need to to trade assets for THE GUY if Goff isn’t it. I am fine w passing on him and would prefer it……but he isn’t Milton.

3 Likes