Anyone else at the point where

they really don’t care what the Lions do tomorrow?

Maybe I’m so jaded, but I just don’t care who they take. I’m not in love with anyone that I think the Lions will take and chances are the pick will bust anyways. I’m just ready for August regardless of what they do.

2 Likes

Sad Arrested Development GIF

I’m definitely at the point of exhaustion of mock drafts, who fits where, best value all that… so I guess I don’t care who they take in a sense…

But also, I don’t think they’ll screw it up, or the guy will bust. I think they are in a good place to take any number of guys who will help the team improve.

6 Likes

Yeah, there are players I don’t want, but, I could care less who they pick.
It’s just not a great draft class. We’ll get someone good.
Almost zero chance I’ll be disappointed this year.

1 Like

Yup. I think they are doing so well in so many spaces on the roster that they can afford to totally whiff on 2 and still be in a great place, as a franchise. I dont’ think they will…I don’t recommend they do…but I think it’s a perfect time to swing for the fences.

1 Like

It’s not necessarily that I think they will screw it up. I just see plenty of opportunity for anyone they take at two to not pan out (or at least live up to the standards of what you would expect out of a #2 pick). Not really on the front office. Just bad luck to pick at the top, imo.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s anyone rumored that overly excites me or that I totally hate either. It’s just a meh year to pick second :man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

Are you taking about…bald Malik Willis?
FaceApp_1651101912890

3 Likes

I’m to the point where I want to see an earnest attempt to do something spectacular.

Like drafting Hutch and then making a shock trade to draft Kyle Hamilton.

Anything less would feel … boring.

7 Likes

I’m loving this, man! And yes…Nothing would make me happier. Have that MF’r room with Jack Fox during training camp…get his ass coached up, and get ready to open the floodgates that will be known as the Deeee-troit MF’n Offense!

1 Like

I agree with the notion that I’m not going to celebrate or be mad tomorrow night regardless of who they pick. Been there, done that, learned from that. Draft night reactions mean nothing.

Could be Thibs, Hutch, Walker, Willis, or even an O-lineman, you could make an argument for all them.

And really none of that matters. 2-3 years from now we will know if we made the right choice or not.

6 Likes

I’m on my way up after bottoming out. Little-to-nothing could change my expectations for a sub-500 2022 season. We’re still going to have Goff as the franchise QB. It’s still the Lions and we still need to have our heads checked for following them.

I definitely don’t care to read another opinion on another single player or see another mock or trade proposal.

1 Like

Woah woah woah. Easy with that picture. Don’t want to get @BigNatty too excited.

3 Likes

Too late, brother. The only difference between that pic and my vision of the future is the color of that jersey. Let’s gat that handsome MF’r in Lions camp.
NOW

jerk off tv land GIF by #Impastor

@JimLiohey will like this one

3 Likes

Yep I’m at that point… I don’t really have the time to do a draft prediction, haven’t had time to scout, I’m just glad to have tomorrow evening off! To watch the Lions select solid players

2 Likes

Big time!

1 Like

I care about the evaluation process. Once the picks are in and live bullets start flying in the fall, I remind myself that even if we chose Jesus the best we could hope for is 2nd in the division and a first round playoff loss.

2 Likes

I left tomorrow mostly open. Today I was pissed that work was gettin in the way of my football gossip time.
You handsome MF’rz are worse gossipers than the little old ladies at the Bingo Parlor.
Only problem with that…I fit right in.

Baby Balloon GIF by simongibson2000

1 Like

What do we expect ?

In a way , the skeptic Lion fan expects a bust so there’s that expectation.

As for number two picks , in nfl history there’s so many busts , I’m also not sure what to expect.

1 Like