Anyone Else Wonder If We Got Scooped?

J-W will hurt his feelings so bad he retires. Zero concerns here.

2 Likes

I trust him, but he isn’t batting 1.000. Trinity Benson, Breshad Perriman were the worst moves so far. (Perriman did nothing and cost us a comp pick). I’m still not in love with his 2nd round pick history, but I like most of what he’s done so far. And the overall plan and vision is 100% the right direction.

1 Like

I really like Kerby but it is a bit concerning to me that he only played safety for one year. Obviously the dude can play if he was a 3rd round pick. I hope he works out.
Our time is coming.

3 Likes

Yea he actually arrived in college as a safety. He’s got more experience than the sports media wants us to know.

Checkout the Bio and you’ll see he only played WR for 1 year out of 4.

4 Likes

You’re gonna get sniped sometimes in the draft, it’s unavoidable. Anyone who’s ever played fantasy football knows it. That doesn’t mean they did it with any inside info, just that logically it was a good idea to get in front of us for a safety.

Given how closely Brad & Co have proven to hold their cards to their chests, I highly doubt Indy did anything with insider knowledge.

4 Likes

Do tell WeNot! See if you can remember that source and track it down. Would love to see that.

1 Like

Yeah. Good recall @Kool-aidCornbread. If they were itching to pull the trigger earlier to move up to snag KJ then that debunks any idea they preferred Cross.

Great feedback and perspective boys. And welcome @Pearson71! This is a great forum for only the most hopelessly obsessed Lions fans on the continent. Solid guys and great attitudes here man.

5 Likes

High Five Best Friends GIF by reactionseditor

5 Likes

I like Joseph a lot better than Cross. Though I’m a sucker for ball hawks.

1 Like

I just saw those dudes as bandaids that were never likely to be part of the long term plan anyway. Just risk/reward moves that don’t cost future dead cap space. If they work out…SWEET! If not…ahhh well, we did what we had to do because we had so many holes. How else could he have filled the holes? Reynolds? Risk/reward move that did work out.

I’m with ya about the vision and the direction. I just see risk/reward moves…like Chark & Elliot this year. Looks great on paper, but if they don’t work out…we upgrade move on next season.

1 Like

oooo oooo , wait if we’re talking conspiracies …I gots to get in my Cracker Jack Box and get my secret decoder ring to decipher the real chit *
lets go mask GIF by Munchies

1 Like

Same with Dallas jumping us in the 5th and taking Damone Clark. Thought for as sure he was ours, one of my favs from the draft, ****** Jerry,

2 Likes

Only because I liked Cross, and had us getting him in the mock draft game, which have put me in contention to win, I’ll say YES!

1 Like

Welcome Pearson!!

2 Likes

To play devil’s advocate, we brought in Treylon Burks for a top 30 visit. And we didn’t bring in Jamo. Curveballs. Who knows?
I’m happy with joseph.

1 Like

Burks was a possibility at 32. Jamo wasn’t. In order to get up for Jamo it would require a trade up.

1. Start rumor that Detroit considering trading up for Willis.

2. Obviously all teams had Willis much lower on their boards than many pundits/fans so they were happy to discuss trade ups with Detroit. Minnesota probably felt that they were happy to have Detroit get Willis so it would cause turmoil in Detroit.

3. Make ZERO mention of Jamo as to not give any team a reason to trade up ahead of us.

5 Likes

If Holmes is honest… they didn’t bring Jamo in for a visit because Holmes had not considered drafting him until late in the process. Holmes mentioned in an interview that he didn’t really think about drafting Jameson until “about 2 or 3 weeks before the draft”.

He talked about how the scouts had a great feeling about him during the season, but the ACL injury had caused him to “put him away in a box” where he didn’t really think much about him. I think this is understandable… because having the #2 and #32 selections made it look unlikely that the Lions would have a chance to get him.

Then… he decided to spend some time re-visiting his tape on a Sunday a few weeks before the draft.
He stated something close to this… “Wow… this guy is such a fit… and really clear and away the best fit as a potential game-changer… and then it became clear to me that we need to go an get this guy.”

6 Likes

Yes, I love the way Holmes plays the draft. Really refreshing.

Right. Just like Garrett Wilson and Drake London (we brought both of thise in for a visit).

I think we are agreeing that when a player is not amongst your top 30 visits, it doesn’t mean you’re not interested in him.

2 Likes

Yep…had read that before. He still could have brought him in for a visit. Something Quinn would do. Glad we have a GM who knows how to play the draft.

That is why I enjoy this place, everyone is so positive all the time. :joy:

1 Like