Anyone Else Wonder If We Got Scooped?

A bucket list must do:
Visit this place after a loss. :flushed: :innocent:

Welcome, Pearson71. The off-season generally brings out the positivity here and HolmBell have spread Miracle-Gro on that. A time machine inserting Quintricia into the mix would squash that positivity in a heartbeat. But what may not be apparent is that this site is judiciously moderated and so the worst characters in online life are dealt with appropriately. Negative Nancys–in other words, people who have a far greater grasp of reality than me–are welcome here too and are a necessary bulwark to Giddy Gidgets like me.

4 Likes

Well said!

2 Likes

mmmm yeah *
jim carrey GIF

1 Like

I’m with you, man. It really felt like that’s exactly what happened.
It’s funny that J-W had absolutely no clue that we were taking him. It was part of the reason for his disorientation when we drafted him. He had no clue what to think or what to make of it. He was just pissed and wanting to return to the place where he knows things make sense for him → Football.

When he met Dan, Brad, the staff, the players/the culture…then he started getting happier and happier.

You can fill holes without sacrificing draft capital. There’s a million street free agents that could give us the same or more than we got from those two guys. That’s my main critique of holmes in these moves is giving up draft capital for nothing. Especially when late picks could have been used to trade for productive veterans (such as Amar Cooper)

1 Like

C’mon @BigNatty how did you miss this opportunity?

1 Like

LOL
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office
You guys gotta have my back on that shit sometimes, bro. I’m not Jack Fox, ya know. :wink:

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

1 Like

The Lions still had plenty of late pick left to make a stronger offer than what Cleveland gave up…

so the obvious conclusion is…. Holmes and Campbell were interested in paying Cooper $20 million per year.

On the other hand… if Aaron Donald was available for a 5th round pick… the Lions would have made the trade.

My point was not to go after Amari specifically, just that late picks can be used for veterans, as well as obviously drafting some lottery ticket rookies that you like.

Yeah. Just noticed that too. Clark may turn out to be a big time thumper when his back issue is cleared up. I liked him quite a bit. Tough to wait a year on that pick to play, but comeon; lower 5th round pick? Yeah. I would roll the dice. Did we have him in for a visit?

He and our LB coach are close, think both went to LSU, calls Damone his little brother.

1 Like

Amazing @Phunnypharm. Love hearing about the details behind these massive, potential franchise-altering moves. Hutch was a huge get for the Lions’ defense.

Jamo was just as big or possibly bigger in terms of how he might possibly change the defenses we see on a week to week basis which will make things easier for all the other skill players. Good stuff!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.