Anzalone sounds like he is leaving

Yep, Alex is gone and to me this means we are looking at re-signing Jalen Reeves Maybin over Alex and that is the smart move as Jalen is a great special team player AND he can give you credible snaps on defense as a starter.

Jalen should be seen as a fringe starter and I bet that is how the Lions see him too.

Re-sign Jalen Reeves maybin, draft a LBer in the first three rounds, we have Derrick Barnes coming back and keep a young guy like Jessie Lemonier or who knows?

I would LOVE for Devin Lloyd OR Nakobe Dean to fall to the Rams pick. Add that rookie to Derrick Barnes and Jalen Reeves Maybin and another young guy and that might be solid in 2022.

Yup - he’s gonna get some great experience next year, and be great depth/situational guy, as well as ST dude. We’ll upgrade again soon.

Yup

1 Like

We say that every draft.

2 Likes

There’s ways around the comp pick formula, the Rams have been doing it for years. Traded don’t count against the formula, neither do waived guys. And there’s a deadline where even FA signings don’t count against it. The Rams, Pats and Ravens regularly sign guys after this deadline.

1 Like

Pretty much everyone since the days of Spielman, Gibson, Cofer, J Williams, Jameson, Caston, and Noga.

1 Like

I liked AA. He was okay. Always in the right spot. Just couldn’t make the tackles. He was an “almost there” or “should’ve made the play” type of player. Those guys are good for depth: But guys like those, shouldn’t be named starters on an NFL roster.

We may not upgrade his experience. But, we can definitely update the talent.

2 Likes

I think Nick Williams is out and Onwuzurike slides in. I don’t think they add a starter ahead of him. They viewed him as first round talent that fell to them at the top of the 2nd. I don’t think you give up on that after a rookie season that got stunted due to early injury. I think they keep Walker so they only need one new Safety not two. They keep JRM so they need one LB not two and keep Harris as a sub package rusher. Assuming we can keep Walker, Harris and JRM, I’d look for new starters at EDGE, Off Ball LB and SS. Then see what we’ve got. I think at CB we’ve got guys like AO, Okudah coming back (maybe at Safety), Parker and Iffy so I’m ok letting that ride.

2 Likes

Cap got to MCDC…is blackmailing him…lmao.

2 Likes

If we can get him out of his military service commitment Diego Fagot of Navy might be a good LB add on jersey potential alone.

1 Like

Yes I am aware of the ways around it, who do we have as an unrestricted free agent that you believe we will get a comp pick for? I still stand by the idea that we don’t have the Marvin Jones, Golladay, Davis, even Agnew as a free agent this year that will result in a comp pick. I am assuming we resign walker and Harris, with the remainder I don’t see much in the way of qualifying contracts that lead to comp picks regardless of what we do in free agency but would love to be proven wrong.

1 Like

You are 100% correct. The two guys likely to command any type of significant money is Harris and Walker and we want to bring them both back. Even if they both left, I doubt we wouldn’t sign guys who would cancel them out with the cap we have.

Once we decided Golladay was walking and we traded Stafford, playing the comp pick game made sense. We didn’t have the cap to spend on FAs and had some solid players we were willing to let walk

This year and likely next I doubt we get a single comp pick. As Holmes said, this is the player acquisition phase. Once we get start building this team out, we won’t be looking to make major additions in free agency and may have too many solid FA to keep.

Agreed and his injury history is very concerning. His shoulder injury is chronic and has caused him to miss almost as many games in his career as he’s played. I think he might retire.

1 Like

You can move Levi to a starting spot if you want. You still need 2 rotational interior DL guys added. One needs to be a starter or have starting potential because even if Levi is all they want him to be, Brockers isn’t going to be around for much more than another year or 2. No matter how you slice it, We need those 2 DL.

JRM is a depth player and special-teamer. He stepped in and filled in a bit, but the more snaps he gets the more you realize he’s just a backup. If you want a team capable of winning playoff games, Barnes is going to have to take a HUGE step forward and they’re going to have to add a legit starter next to him. We get there differently, but we can both land on needing 1 LB this year instead of 2.

Safety hinges on Walker. If he stays, that’s one less hole to fill. We’ll see what happens.

You’re still landing at needing Edge, LB and S. If you think the DL spot through the way I described, you’ll probably agree that we need to add someone.

So, 4 starters at a minimum.

1 Like

What a shame. As Analzone slips out the back door, I would like to wish him a buttload of success with his future team. Perhaps with the Dolphins, because he certainly would be a star fish. Or perhaps with Raiders, as he would be more than comfortable playing in the black hole. Just say no to the Rams. You don’t have the opportunity to play the Oilers anymore, to make it easier.

1 Like

lol well played sir

You’re discrimination against a good maine makes real lions search out bald guys in the jungle… i hope you dont have any safari’s planned

1 Like

It’s not discrimination against the hairy, it’s more a Pro Bald approach. LOL.

Well played sir. I just know my gf would leave me if I shaved my head. Girls approach me to compliment my curly locks every day that I’m in public. When I shaved my head i had zero luck with the ladies.

I rocked the shaved head for years before growing my hair out… havent had a trim in 15 years and never looking back

1 Like

■■■■ yeah, bro! Own every ounce of yourself. Energy most aligns with your most authentic self.

I’m supposed to be bald, just the exact same way you are supposed to be hairy. When you see me, I truly am one of those dudes that looks like he’s not supposed to have hair.

I don’t care what ppl think, not in an “I don’t give a ■■■■ what you think,” energy…but just an indifferent energy. Energy is the most attractive quality any person could ever have…people can see when you are in a trustworthy energy. Know yourself…own yourself…have fun with yourself…annnnnd then, others can do the same.

1 Like