Araiza Rape Accusations

So you are going to blindly believe what Araiza’s attorney says? Really??

2 Likes

This is a textbook example of twisting words. Out of context it fits just fine. But if you read his entire thought (deadstrokes), that’s not at all what he said.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, in a litigious society there are people that look at situations like this and view them as an opportunity for financial gain. I can’t speak to Ariaza’s situation specifically, but I’m aware that athletes and celebrities can be viewed as targets. It is a slippery slope trying to protect all parties involved and making sure justice is levied against the guilty. However, the lack of consequences for those making false claims perpetuates the behavior and even rewards it. Our judicial system is broken.

1 Like
1 Like

Did you eve

You don’t know much about her
To even know what she was like before all this

And yes I find it weird you want to provide balance and have yourself appear to be a defender of this guy

Rather than let the situation play out

Because when it’s all done

Your comments may not look great

Once case is resolved

This guy , with so much at stake , and treating her the way it’s reported even if you don’t want to think it’s criminal
To me is still a strange guy to defend
When there’s no horse in the race.

I don’t see any of your assumptions about the 17 year old girl to be factual. Your assuming motivations to prop up this counter position yet you don’t have any inside details or all info to even make that assumption
At least in my opinion

And I can’t figure out why on a chat board the need to defend this guy
When it’ll play out
And it’s a bad situation all around

Having nothing to do with how many people are slamming him or assuming his guilt.

Your on record defending him
So we’ll see how it holds up in legal process even if it’s just a civil court decision

2 Likes

Since when is acknowledging that there’s another side to the story that also broadly fits the facts “blindly believing” it?

The issue here seems to be that you feel that all she needs to do is sling accusations, and then he needs to prove his innocence to keep his job.

I think the fact that she had a rape test the next day proves pretty well this isn’t just a money grab.

It also seems pretty likely from the limited data that she wasn’t physically forced to do anything.

So the question is, when did the regret come into play, and what did she do about it? The evidence I’ve seen isn’t conclusive, and certainly doesn’t rule out next-day regret and wanting to Ctrl-Z that shit.

I’m not saying that’s what happened, but the objective facts don’t seem to refute that enough to convict these guys.

Like authorities ar universities including SDSU haven’t covered up stuff like this holding up real investigations

I wonder as part of the counter arguments
We need to include all those examples to counter @Air2theThrown position and poke holes in how the investigations etc aren’t always on point

Which would add another wrinkle of doubt that could cloud what he “knows” about the situation

Pretty sure with SDSU history as a party school with a big Greek system
We’d find examples of some botched investigations

1 Like

That’s kind of the whole point.

Nobody is arguing the position of “bitches deserve what they get”.

People are advocating for not vilifying the accused with little evidence other than the accuser’s word.

Requiring proof for punishment isn’t the same as not believing the accuser.

2 Likes

You are kinda suggesting it
Even if not outright saying it

Facing court of public opinion is a reality
And people might’ve thought his behavior disgusting at his party in front of guests ( some underage ) even if not criminal

And that would be a reaction to his behavior. They might feel a way about the girl for her behavior - you seem to clearly feel a way about it - yet we can’t be sure

They weren’t looking at her saying she was wasted.
Court of public opinion happens every day on some kinds of things

On this situation , we only know its being investigated so taking the position of defending him is …

how wo y’all feel if he’s guilty and the suggestions posed about the girl dont hang up this case ? @Air2theThrown how will you look at your comments ?

1 Like

So the suggestion it’s a money grab by the girl
Isn’t just as problematic for you ?

At least that’s how it reads. It’s more important you make the distinction for him

1 Like

The lack of accountability arguably has had athletes and celebrities also able to get away with it
Is the obvious flip side to your point

To say nothing of the guys self awareness and smarts to become a pro athlete and face what they face
If he’s making decisions that put himself as such an easy target.

If it was your millions , would you trust him with it ?

He has a goal of making nfl and thus become if a "target " so that makes his decision even more problematic. Think he won’t face that type in the nfl ?

2 Likes

I dont think anyone said she is a saint. That would be a poor analysis of what was written or
a possible personal bias. Fact: she is 17 - As long as he is over 18 it is statutory rape. But more importantly do we want to live in a society that says “goody she asked for it” or “let’s get this girl some help? Lets get her sober and home safely.” I prefer getting her home safely. Justifying poor behavior because of someone elses poor behavior is a societal disaster.

Rape or consensual the dudes involved are still a pieces of shit. Best way to avoid situations like this is:

1. you don’t have sex w a drunk girl.
  2. you don’t partake in a train.

The old “oh it’s just fun and games, and that’s what you do in college” is bullshit. It’s 2022, you don’t want to get jammed up? Don’t be stupid. There are enough examples of dumb people getting jammed up bc they put themselves In stupid situations.

I’m fine w believing the girl until the evidence screams she is lying bc this shit happens a lot and nothing is done. The stigma of “she is chasing money” is part of the problem and why women are afraid to come forward when someone assaults them. If the person happens to be famous, popular, well liked and rich….makes it even harder.

3 Likes

Even McDermott sounds like he’s not rushing to the punters defense the way some in thread are

“It is a situation that is extremely serious,” McDermott said. “It’s just hard to go through, and it’s not a situation that I or we take lightly whatsoever. It’s very serious, I understand the sensitivity of the situation, and it’s clear we have work to do to continue to figure this thing out, and we’re going to do that.”

1 Like

I am not disagreeing with your statement, because often the coin falls to either side in these cases. However, I read in one of the articles that (and I’m paraphrasing) the alleged victim did not actually identify the alleged perpetrators by name, but they were actually identified by the police from other information gathered as all being in the room where the alleged assault occurred. The police then had the girl contact the three players, and Araiza admitted to having sex with her and told her she should have an STI test because he had chlamydia. When pressed further about them having sex, he formally stated his name and that he did not recall any information from the night.

No idea what truly did or did not happen, but Araiza did admit to have sex with a minor, which is a criminal offense. Did she really tell him she was a 17 y/o high school student as she says, or not? Who knows. Hell, did she even know who Araiza was when things allegedly happened and she reported it to the police the day after it occurred? If she did know him, and pursued having sex with him for the purpose of then reporting it the next day as rape, all in a master plan to go for the money grab 10 months later, is evil to the Nth degree. In no way saying this is the case, just that it would take a lot of planning and be evil.

Completely agree with your point and maybe I didn’t make mine clear about making sure justice is levied against those that are guilty and the lack of consequences for those that make false claims - on either side.

The lack of accountability or transference of blame in our society is a common theme and highly problematic.

1 Like

Nope actually makes it worse, a girl CANNOT give consent if under the influence of alcohol and at 17, is statutory rape and if he hosted the party, supplying alcohol to a minor

2 Likes

Because no DA is going to file statutory rape charges against a 21 year old college student At a drunken college party with a 17 year old woman.

What are they expecting this guy to do get a ID before he kisses her?

If that’s the case then I’m a pimp because I got my 17yr old brother set up with a hook up when I was in college when he came up for a weekend, as did all of us guys with their brothers

Gtfoh, Cali, cmon.

Now if the guy’s 30 yeah hes probably gonna catch that charge

1 Like

She can also retract consent. At anytime. 40 years from now. These girls know exactly what they are doing. The courts and women are cons. They are preying on your emotional judgement. The courts and women aren’t virtuous.

This is just not the case for all guys with their brothers
Nor do I guys go off drinking any drunk girl at a party
Some guys might even try and make sure she’s ok vs trying to do other things

Just don’t paint this as an all guys do this type of stuff

In fact , I’ve known very few women who actually wanted to run a train
And very few men who wanted to participate in running a train

And in todays day and age
With camera phones etc
Guys who never cared to check or ask
Might want to revisit that going forward
In terms of reachable behavior and risk taking

Kind of over looked but getting chlamydia isnt exactly normal and shows there’s risks even if not criminal
Unless maybe your pimping did give your bro chlamydia …

Anyways to me
It’s not normal that something all men went through

And even those who got freaky in college
Most avoided being accused of crimes giving more likelihood they were consensual explorations in sexuality.

2 Likes