Araiza Rape Accusations

I think that should be “multiple men had sex with her”.

The police haven’t pressed charges yet (they are still reviewing), which prompted the civil suit to get some justice (according to accusers dad).

Not necessarily, it shows she wants some type of justice and if it’s not in criminal court, civil court may be the only place she can get it. Just because a civil suit involves money, does not mean it’s 100% a money grab, it may be the only way to get justice.

Let’s also acknowledge that
She told friends that night of being raped
There are diary entries describing the aftermath of the event
There are photos/videos showing bruises on her neck and legs
she was examined for rape the day after

Let’s not be so quick to crucify the accuser and see the accused as saints.

Her agenda may be just looking for some justice after the prosecutor and university have dragged their feet.

Innocent until proven guilty is for a court of law and it should be that way. In the court of public opinion, it is NOT innocent until proven guilty and that’s the way it should be as well.

She is a 17 year old girl that was in a place where she should not have been. I’m not going to dismiss her allegations. Look at the damning evidence against Watson and all he got was a slap on the wrist.

5 Likes

But there are tens of thousands of Twitter warriors now tipping the balance the other way.

How can actually being there and seeing what happened compare to having the deep knowledge of the proper victim hierarchy that comes with being a certified mob member?

But that was using the antiquated notion that those accused get the benefit of the doubt, requiring evidence to prove their guilt.

The new paradigm is that whoever holds membership in the most victimy group should be assumed to be correct, without letting pesky facts get in the way.

2 Likes

Nobody is doing that, unless you define “crucifying the accuser” acknowledging that there is some evidence that works against her claims.

Yeah! ■■■■ those Duke lacrosse players, Cepheus, etc. What possible dangers could there be on just assuming any dude accused of anything is a guilty piece of shit?

3 Likes

I actually didn’t make that assumption and went with what was reported that he’s a freaky dude who also choose to do stuff when he was the one with a pro career on the line. So even at that base without calling him a rspist, I’d wonder about his decision making

After all at 17 , we all might’ve made bad decisions but as you get older and have more at stake ( like he did )
Why are you coming to his defense ? ( that is what it reads like )

The guy who did what was described to the drunk girl in front of the party before taking her back to room?
He might’ve been drafted in the third round. She was never getting drafted. Now that he’s in nfl , if it’s a target , he’ll have an even bigger target on his back

As far as article states

Investigation isn’t closed unless you see that somewhere

Making your facts actually incomplete and unknowing

So again you’re kind of assuming in this defensive way as if the punter or guys like him don’t do this stuff to woman with a grater frequency than should ever happen.

I’ve questioned his judgement as a business investment
And the bills for how they had to have known and not cared if the feedback was negative.

Different than Cephus who was awuitted which has not happened with the punter.

Wow. I mean every sentence you wrote is way out there, man.

That’s not quite true. The police have submitted their report to the district attorneys office and it’s under review. The fact that there are multiple witnesses is not unexpected at a football player’s house party. Who knows exactly what happened but at the very least it is statutory rape.

I don’t know the ins and outs of these laws, but they’re often not cut and dry.

Lots of places have “Romeo and Juliet” provisions to not prosecute young lovers where one is just over and the other is just under the age of consent.

Also the fact that this chick was drinking before and at a college party seems like it might give him some cover. I’m not sure it’s reasonable to expect college students to card each other prior to humping.

1 Like

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

2 Likes

It’s been over a year and a half. It doesn’t take that long to file charges in a case like this.

No necessarily!

She has repeatedly asked for monetary gains. Way before she filed a suit. She wasn’t getting what she wanted so she filed a Civil suit. Her lawyer is claiming that because those on the accused side entertained talking to her about how much she wanted that it shows a degree of guilt. Which it does not.

This is the stuff that shows you’ve already taken a side. It’s been over a year. Her story has many holes in it and if the prosecutor felt there was a solid case he would have filed by now like they did in the Cephus. Once again whitenesses at the party aren’t on her side.

She’s made her agenda clear. She wants money. That is a fact that can not be disputed.

Can anyone explain why this is coming out now? If the girl went to the police the day after and did a rape test at the hospital….what has been happening for almost a year for this just to come out. What other evidence are they needing? Seems odd to me.

Yes they are. There’s many in this thread.

Here’s just one example.

People have already chosen sides on this. No one was saying … hey wait a minute something is a miss here and maybe we should hold off judgement until I did.

As DeadStroke has pointed out. In todays society people are guilty in the court of public opinion.

Facts don’t matter.

Not necessarily his defense. Prior to me saying anything their we’re a bunch on this board taking her side.

I’m pointing out that she’s not a saint here. She has a goal. There’s holes in her story. Maybe the accused deserves the respect of innocent until proven guilty?

At least I think they do. Some clearly do not.

The Prosecutor hasn’t perused the case.
She’s been trying to settle this for money.

Araiza just got paid by the NFL. So she filed a civil suit asking for money. By filing the suit it all came out in the open.

That’s why it’s all coming out now.

1 Like

It’s been 10 months.

Haven’t seen that anywhere. Please link

It’s been 10 months and the prosecutor and the University have not made a decision yet. I have not taken a side, but I have said that people should take her accusations seriously.

I have not taken a side. But unlike you, I think her allegations should be taken seriously. But you clearly have determined that this 17 year old is a money hungry slut that can’t be believed and I find coming to that conclusion disgusting.

What have these witnesses said? Are these witnesses football players? Friends of the accused?

LOL, nice

That is not what I F$$%ing stated and quit twisting my words.

3 Likes

I’m not twisting your words. You said that here.

Was there ever going to be a good time to file a civil suit? Outside of after a guilty criminal conviction?

If she does it now, it can be labeled a money grab. If she waits and no charges ever filed, it’s a money grab because she waited so long. That view/accusation is always going to possible. Again, outside of after an actual conviction criminally. No need would call it a money grab in that case, at least I’d hope not.

The system is the system. Things will have to play out in their own timeframe. So far, things go as they go. The legal/criminal side is deciding if there is enough evidence of a crime and the probability to convict.

She is well within her legal rights to sue civilly.

The NFL, the Bills, and most likely the player probably wish the commish had jurisdiction on this. Put him on the commish exempt list. Let the legal side take care of itself. The NFL handles a sexual assault issue, the Bills get it out of the headlines, the player keep his contract and some shot at a job once this works itself out.

Araiza isn’t Deshaun Watson. He’s a punter. A rookie punter. Maybe a very good one, but a punter none the less. Odds are he’s done.

1 Like

Exactly, two different things with two different meanings. I did NOT say that he is guilty until proved innocent.

Supposedly, on Oct. 19, '21 the university was asked by San Diego PD not to take action, while they did there investigation. The university did not make a statement or make it public, due to this. On July 22, '22 SDPD gave the university the ‘green light’ to do its own investigation. I’m going to assume (hate assuming anything) that’s when the information became “public” knowledge, since the university had to address it in its own statement. Per a couple articles, the accusations were common knowledge on campus amongst students, but no formal statements were addressed. SDPD just closed its investigation a week or two ago, and forwarded it to the prosecutor, who is still reviewing the case, and making the decision to proceed.

1 Like

Armstrong claimed that investigators who spoke to witnesses said the teenager was not drunk and that she had told them she was a college student. He also said that Araiza is only being named in the case because he has joined an N.F.L. team.

“I think this is a money grab on her part,” Armstrong said. “She sees some dollar signs at the end of the highway.”

Here is a statement his lawyer made.