Are we done talking about Goff?

Basketball is a sport though where a single player can take over a game and impose his will more than any single player in football. Brady comes close but we still saw how when the Oline fails Brady is mortal. If he has a healthy LT last playoffs he’s probably coming off another SB win

4 Likes

So I see we are clearly not done talking about Goff.

6 Likes

I think one of the things that also makes Goffs story appealing to me at least is he personifies what Holmes and Campbell are doing. And personifies Detroit in a lot of ways

Detroit was a city once a jewel of the midwest. Then it was beleaguered, disparaged and disregarded. The city itself is a comeback story. Goff was once a baby boy first overall pick, two-time pro bowler and youngest QB to ever win a conference championship. Then it came crashing down under the shadow of his coach and expectations. He has been criticized, disrespected, and constantly disparaged. But you never heard him say or tweet anything negative or retaliatory. What he did was endure getting traded to the team with the least talent around him and say he was thankful to be here.

He has been the first player in the facility every day and last to leave. He organized throwing sessions in the off season and worked with our OC to develop the new offense. Players noticed and are inspired by it

Adversity strengthens resolve. Getting back up after being pushed down and told you’re no good builds character. It’s redemption. A theme as old as humanity itself

7 Likes

No No No GIF

1 Like

We’re not even done talking about Stafford.

Scott Mitchell blows. Tell me I’m wrong.

1 Like

Wasn’t there a ‘Mitchell was better than Goff and it’s not even close’ contingent here in the off-season?

2 Likes

Sounds about right

1 Like

Lol, careful, that’s a touchy subject with some

But, yeah there actually was

1 Like

Imo, Goff was pretty improved today.

I’m present to the growth of this team (coaches included)

Very unlike Dan to get that conservative with only a 3 point lead)

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/PFF_BenBrown/status/1574152527901298690?s=20&t=UfUspqHVSCm25gzGTc9wfg

apparently you didn’t see the absolute BS Clown show that ran this team for thee entire Stafford career AND before , owners who did not care who or what ran the team or, even if they won or lost. Matt got damn sick and tired of it–knew he OR The Lions would never win that way ‘here’ an opportunity came to play in LA, he jumped at it. and let me jog your memory here, he won a Super Bowl Ring his first season there ! like I say it’s history now, but bashing a guy that is no longer on The Detroit Lions doesn’t make a lot of sense. yeah he wanted out…who can blame him ?

2 Likes

Of course you can’t blame Stafford for wanting to abandon Detroit to play for his wife’s buddy in LA. But you also can’t blame fans who think less of him for doing so. Everyone is entitled to their feelings

4 Likes

get over it, Goff is our QB now and Matt has been gone for a year at least.

Isn’t it funny that an afterthought TEs coach we hired as the OC is somehow the mastermind?

Most wanted somebody proven, dynamic etc from the outside. We chose the guy Goff wanted and was comfortable with. They collaborated the playbook and scheme, and it’s been pretty damn good?

Goff is the #8 rated QB despite nearly 50% of his OL snaps coming from out of position UDFA!!!

Goff has had a hobbled TE1 and RB1, and his WR1 hasn’t played down…

Amon Ra was questioned as whether he could duplicate last year…. Was he just a slot? Could he be a WR2? Funny how Stafford gets a lot of credit for targeting and finding Kupp… but Goff benefits FROM Saint? Now even he is banged up-

Decker- average
Skipper- bad
Ragnow- awesome but banged up
Sternberg- bad
Sewell- awesome

Hock- Not practicing, hurt, and playing bad if he plays

J Will- does anyone believe he’s a decent RB1? I don’t

Saint- either hurt and limping or not playing
Chark- banged up limited practice
Raymond- playing wit Reynolds likely out

Look at that depth chart…. Raymond, Williams, Skipper, Sternberg should not be starters… and it’s possible Hock, Rags and or Saint are out too

• we started the year hoping to be a top 16 offense.

We still don’t have Jamo, and now Big V, Rags, Jackson, Swift, Saint, Hock and Reynolds are dinged up or out!

• if we said the only 3 healthy starters are Goff, Decker and Sewell by week 4… AND WE ARE A TOP 3 OFFENSE- would you have believed that?

Goff has been the difference, you all just don’t like how he “looks” doing it.

Compare Goffs Philly game (top 1-3 D) against Brady, Rodgers, Burrows worst game this year…

5 Likes

Matthew Stafford is the best QB I have seen in my lifetime for the Lions…I was born in 1980. Jared Goff is arguably the 2nd best QB that I have seen put on a Lions jersey. Only people I would argue to threaten that position formGoff is Charlie Batch and maybe Gus Frerotte

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.