Are we done talking about Goff?

Sure, we can agree to disagree. Just in terms of this particular thread being ‘Are we done talking about Goff?’ the answer can’t be anything other than a resounding: Nope.

He had 80.4 QBR, which I can’t quite believe.

1 Like

That’s what scares me, so far his QB evaluations have been a little scary

guy
s let’s not forget he did not play any pree season game’s to get in the groove- nfl -games and practice scrimages are 2 different games—i think goff did ok for the first game–and the WHOLE offence contributed to the 35 points-

2 Likes

Pretty much.

The cluelessness is impressive in its way.

Though, in fairness, the D gave up 31, not 38.

Still, when the offense nets 28 (35 - the pick-6) - all of them on legit drives against what’s supposed to be a top-tier D - while the defense gives up 31 and, more important, CANNOT stop the opposing team from getting two first downs on the ground in “winning time” seems pretty weird to place the QB high on the list of scapegoats.

3 Likes

That doesn’t excuse the smooth-brained nature of the endeavor.

It isn’t about whose fault the loss is. Doesn’t matter. Objectively, Goff did not play at a level required to be a starter next year. But it’s one game. He’s got 16 more to move that needle. Lord knows there’s nobody behind him to push him.

He’s 0/1 on the season. Tick tock, Jared. Tick. Tock.

Some real knee jerks here. It’s the first game and not a lot went right. There wasn’t a clean pocket to throw from all game and miscommunication galore. The pick and an early 3rd down pass the receivers ran the wrong route

A 80.4 QBR with two TDs and a pick isn’t great. But consider Stafford started week one with three picks a TD and a 63.2 QBR. Burrow had 2TDs 4 Ints and a 64.7 QBR. At halftime Aaron Rodgers has 0 TDs a pick and a 39.9 rating.

So let’s not get our vaginas in a pucker over week one. We got punched in the mouth for sure. What will determine the character of Goff, this team and the organization is how we respond the next 16 games

8 Likes

Well the defense didn’t help itself by spending over 7 mins on the field after the offense opened up with a scoring drive
But I also agree the next 3 and outs by the offense were partly to blame

I thought the defense played pretty solid with the exception of not being able to stop the sneak

The Eagles do have the best oline in the league

Go look at your assessment of Stafford in week 1.
LOL
Vaginal puckeration…but different rules for different guys…I see. :wink:

Maybe you should go look at it. All I said after the game was that it would be a long year for him if the oline continued to struggle the way it did. I said no QB would be successful under that much pressure. The thread is still up there. Check it out. Hell I think you even clicked the thumbs up on it. I’m a little surprised you can’t seem to remember this

I’ll close with, but for a few mistakes the Lions come out with a W

Future is bright my friends, your QB will be just fine

Btw, anyone catch the final vs SF / Bears?

Both those QBs…sigh

5 Likes

Don’t care enough to look it up.
Even after winning SB…and on the way to and through it…
Just pointing out we should hold ourselves to the same standards we hold others to, while pointing out the ridiculousness of accusations of vaginal puckeration, especially when, if held to our own standard…pucker up, holmes!

If you don’t care enough to look it up then maybe you should at least care enough to not misrepresent what other people post. Why even reply if you can’t do that basic courtesy?

It’s a pretty simple search function. Here I’ll do it for you it’ll take all of 30 seconds. Here’s what my assessment was of Staffords week one performance Thursday night

Now, do you care to apologize for misrepresenting my very reasonable position on Staffords week one performance? Because I find it pretty consistent with my assessment of Goff today and your accusation that I put forth different standards was both rude and erroneous

1 Like

Week 1 is always flukey.

I didn’t take my Rams loss too seriously even tho it was pretty bad. I wont read into this Lions loss too much.

I will say Goffs ball placement will improve but still the recievers need to catch those. Hopefully Jamison is as advertised because you still don’t have a true number 1 on the outside and that’s huge in today’s NFL. Wouldnt mind seeing some Cephus mixed in.

Goff was bad in the first half. I thought the play calling was pretty bad too. Everything about the offense was just bad. Especially the timing.

Regarding Goff. He’ll be a top 15 ish guy this year. I’m a fan of his but not sure he’ll ever be consistent enough. Then again he was pretty special in 18/19 so it gives you hope. He does have some of that fire back it looks like! So there’s hope it can happen.

3 Likes

You’re not being genuine here. He finished 21 of 37 but with 5 drops should have been 26 / 37 or 70%. Likely with another 80 yards and another TD. Goff wasn’t the problem.

6 Likes

If the WR/TE runs the opposite route he is supposed to and Goff throws it where the player is supposed to be how is that pick 6 on Goff at all?

1 Like

Agree with all of this. The rhythm was off and didn’t seem to get on track until they started to open up the playbook. Also we have Swift and Williams, why the holy hell didn’t we dial up screens early to take advantage of their pressure packages?

When we weren’t running the ball Goff was under a lot of pressure. Hock and Chark also missed hot route assignments which lead to a stalled drive and the pick six. Goff needs to get sharper for sure but so does the entire offense and the playcalling needs to adjust faster

2 Likes