Are we done talking about Goff?

I’m not a fan of Goff. But he’s an NFL QB. Maybe even a starter. But he’s not a cerebral player or a playmaker. Can you win a Superbowl with him? Sure… but it’s going to be much harder than if you have a playmaker or a coach on the field type. We ran the ball down the eagles throats. We protected well… They played a lot of man coverage. They were daring goff to make plays. He made some… but not a lot, and definitely not enough. Now… asking a Brad Johnson type QB to win the game for you when your defense isn’t good is also asking too much.

1 Like

That’s fair— kinda
I’m not sure what really happened on those drives but the offense, as a whole did nothing on those drives
Can that lie fully with Goff?
I dunno and I already deleted the game — too bad, it’s be nice to look at those again
Oh — maybe I still have the game on my bedroom DVR — something to check out later

I recall those 2 plays. Hock cut in when he should have cut to the sideline and the same with St Brown when he cut in when he should have cut out.

2 Likes

Goff sucked in the first half but played well in the second. The Reynolds drop was massive. That was going to be a massive chunk play.

4 Likes

We just all have to admit… he can’t carry us at all. And either we need to turn our defense into an elite crew next off-season or maybe we look to get a playmaker at QB

I’m not ready to admit anything after one game
Let the season play out
We’re much better off if he becomes the answer
Let’s not rush to judgment

Overall, the Lions beat the Vegas odds against a strong team
This was not a disaster

5 Likes

With the QB class… getting a playmaker at QB may just take 1-3 draft picks… to turn our defense into a top 5 unit… I think we’d need more than that

1 Like

Goff didn’t look ready to play and he barely played in the preaseason. Who is going to take responsiblity for that? Winning this game should have been the goal. I don’t want your moral victory. That and a box of rocks will get me a box of rocks.

5 Likes

I think you need to go by average value. His cap hit is high because the Lions can afford to absorb it this year. Other quarterbacks have lower cap hits with more money shoved into the future.

2 Likes

“Goff sucks. If the offense hadn’t scored a bunch of points this would’ve been a blowout.”

seems that Goff wasn’t the problem

1 Like

So you’re hanging that pick 6 on Goff? you may want to watch the replay, 1) the pass was tipped, 2) receiver cut in when Goff thought he was breaking out

I’ve read enough of your posts to believe you have a sense of what’s going on the field

3 Likes

I don’t know why so many people are so focused on Goff. He is far from the weakest link on this team.

Not even close

5 Likes

Yes, because we didn’t have a RB who had 180 yards of total offense. Goff was the reason our offense put up 35 points. LOL.

2 Likes

Game planning

Jeremy Reisman on Twitter: “Jared Goff said the pressure on his INT shouldn’t matter. Made a poor decision on top of a miscommunication.” / Twitter

Even Goff ackowledged that he made a poor decision, but the rest of you can’t?

3 Likes

The problem is acclimating a new qb sets the team back

Goff wasn’t the reason the defense gave up 31. LOL

2 Likes

Plays arguable the most important position in all of sports outside of maybe goalie. Insert any name for Goff at QB & it will always be of high focus

It could be argued that the offense’s continuous three and outs gassed the defense and contributed to their poor play. Goff had 6 passing yards with 4 minutes left in the first half. Certainly did the defense no favors.

3 Likes

We see it differently

All that tweet tells me is Goff doesn’t throw a teammate (Hock I think) under the bus, woulda thought that was obvious

Carry on, agree to disagree?

6 Likes