Are you scared Chicago picking fields?

Yeah of course… it’s the fact that we passed on an elite talent at QB and he went to the bears. This could determine the future of the division

I think it sucks that Fields went to the Bears I just don’t think it’s Holmes’ fault.

Definitely a little worried. If Fields pans out and the Lions struggle to find a QB, this could haunt them for a decade.

I’m thrilled with the Sewell pick but the Bears making that trade up does dampen it a bit.

Lot of people here seriously overreacting to the Bears picking their next QB bust. Fields will go the route of Haskins. Sewell was the best pick the Lions could have made. Fields is a bust waiting to happen and going to the Bears of all places only speeds that up.

1 Like

Zero worries at all. We have a competent front office, now. We don’t have to rely on other teams sucking to win. In the near future, we will be beating good teams regularly, especially at home.

1 Like

In today’s NFL I would be somewhat worried about Fields Epilepsy. I can’t emagine Concusions are good or ok for someone that has Epilepsy. Or maybe he gets his money and gets out quick due to Epilepsy.

Fields will suck because he went to the bears

1 Like

Let’s repeat this as a guided group meditation/incantation every Sunday morning during the season.

4 Likes

Invite Justin Fields to the therapy session!

LOL. Fantastic idea!

Revenge Of The Sith Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

You were supposed to destroy the sith, not join them!

4 Likes

Scared??? LOL, hell no!!! In fact I’m glad the Bears took him!!! Just another bad QB choice by that organization…

1 Like

We’re a year out from taking Okudah with a top 3 pick… Upset? Hell no. Let the good times roll.

Foles has a career winning record, and somehow a SB ring. Yet he went 2-5 with a similar roster to what they are turning over to Fields.

The Cowboys were playoff bound before a certain ankle injury paved the way for Dalton to go 4-5 in the Big D… I know they had a losing record of 2-3 when Dak got hurt, but I bet he’d have won 1 more game down the stretch than Dalton.

The same Dalton and Foles who had nice runs winning games and making the playoffs - and Foles wining a SB have been tagged “placeholders despite …

A) their 4 combine pro bowls
B) 9 combined playoff games
C) 4 combined playoff wins

Stafford is 0-3 in playoffs with 1 pro bowl late later alternate.

I’m not pretending Stafford is the same or worse than Foles.

I’m saying that the Bears depth chart isn’t as good as people are wanting to be afraid.
-Hick is old and will be gone.
-Fuller is gone

• A Rob is either going to be pissed playing under the tag, or egos that’s an 85m deal. Between A Rob and Mack they will be spending 45M per year on a. 32 year old DE and a 29 year old WR by end of 2022. Mack is already 30.

I’m not worried

1 Like

If history holds true Fields will be kicking our asses for the next 10 years and Sewell will end up being Tony Mandrich. And we will be remembered for passing on Fields for the safe pick

Either Goff is going to have a career rejuvenation, or we’ll draft a QB next year that’s a higher thought-of prospect than Fields was this year.

Fields’ intangibles suck. Ask Georgia, off-the-record and over a few beers. Or just watch his lack of enthusiasm after being picked by the Bears.

1 Like

The Bears are an aging team. With Dalton likely starting in 2021, Fields may not see the field at all this season. Thus, at least for 2021, I don’t see how Fields improves the team.

Bears have picks at 52 & 83, but no further picks until the 6th Rd. They’ve got a couple lottery tickets left to address other positions. With Anthony Miller apparently on the way out, I’m betting one of them is WR.

They need to beef up the O-line as much as they can. Wouldn’t shock me to see Wyatt Davis go there.

2 Likes

I’m never nervous about what other teams do. My biggest concern is always the Lions ability to shoot themselves in the foot.

2 Likes