Backup QB

I definitely agree here. What I try to tell people is that a successful relationship isn’t about finding flawless people…its about matching up your flaws with the other person. Sometimes it means having a flaw that isn’t a big deal to the other person. And sometimes it means having a flaw that the other person can work thru. My wife is absolutely perfect…FOR ME. She has some flaws that are absolute deal breakers for many guys…and were deal breakers for her ex’s. I have some deal breakers for many girls…including my ex. But matched together we are great. A runningback having bad hands only matters if you throw to your runningbacks. If you don’t…its not a big deal. That’s how I look at relationships.

I definitely agree with you. An easy one is having a parent that works vs having one that doesn’t. A person that has a parent that works might complain that the parent wasn’t there sometimes. But the person that has the parent that doesn’t work can have the parent there…but might complain that they didn’t learn about work because the parent didn’t work and teach them that trait.

Here is something you can identify with. There is no such thing as someone being a perfect 10 in the looks category. People can agree all the way up to 7, 8 or even 9. But a perfect 10 is just a 7, 8 or 9 that has a specific look that hits that specific persons perception of attractiveness.

And since we grow and change as people, what is perfect for us one day isn’t perfect for us the next. And sometimes an experience in life gives us a different perception of our next experience. I have said my wife is perfect…FOR ME. But she is also perfect…FOR ME…at this point in my life. When I was younger I wouldn’t have been able to handle her, or understand her the way I do now. I needed the experience with my ex to give me perspective.

2 Likes

Preach it, brother!
Truth!

1 Like

My ex was perfect for me at that time in my life.
Unfortunately, we grew apart.
My current wife can deal with my health issues in a way that I never would have expected from anyone, really. Perfect.
Go Lions!
(Was thinking we’d have to move this to the OTT. Who’s tending bar, tonight?)

1 Like

you keep using that word tells GIF

1 Like

Perfect

1 Like

Haha! Love it.

Most ppl are using a societally programmed definition. “perfect?” in the sense of “Nobody’s perfect”…
All ppl have a different blueprint of the world, how things should go, how ppl should show up, etc.
To them, if you show up one variant off from thier own blueprint, you are “not perfect” to them.

What if we’re all perfect…just different?
what if we are here to teach e/o and grow?
What if the convict provides perfect lessons for the ppl he encounters?
What if “the asshole” is just having trouble in his life, and when we learn of it we learn empathy and understanding?

If we watch the world with an open heart, we can see things at a deeper level of truth.

1 Like

Thoughts about bringing Cam Newton in?

Dude is still without a team.

He wants to be a starter but the league disagrees. If he wants to stay in the league, it’ll be as a backup.

Honestly wondering if he’ll be a FA until a starter goes down and he’ll get a chance.

Hard no

Please, dear Jesus no.

1. Not long term answer
  2. IF he got us any wins, they would most likely be meaningless
  3. Cost
  4. if Goff goes down and/or sucks, losses are a GOOD thing

Only way you bring him in is if you think you are a deep playoff team and he keeps you in the hunt for a post season run. Any other scenario, he makes zero sense (just my opinion)

1 Like

I love the message overall, but I think its a stretch on the word ‘perfect’.
Substitute ‘human’ for the word ‘perfect’.
We’re all human – different in many ways, but to be human is to be great, to be blessed.

Perfect to me means flawless - kind of like no carbon spots on the diamond.
But that’s just me!
I’m not perfect. My wife’s not perfect. But we were put on the earth for one another - we’re just right for each other. (cue up the song with ‘perfect imperfections’).

YES!!!
Synonyms are great! Exactly how I feel.

YES!

No! LOL - the carbon spots are perfect too.

LIAR!!!

For shame → Liar!!!

Apple trees are perfect. They are all different (carbon spots analogy?) Growth is natural and all of the trees reach for light in different ways (why branches are crooked). Reach for the light any way they know how to, as growth is not linear.

You and your wife are perfect, my bro. Nature is growth. Growth should not be judged. We all do it differently. We all do it perfectly…as a whole. Micro and macro.

Love ya, man

1 Like

this really made me laugh!

we all appreciate ya, Big Natty - breath of fresh air. almost perfect!

1 Like

w t f???
So hurt by this. LOL

1 Like